Seeya! - arallsopp does the LEL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
hulver said:
Well I bought a copy, but then Lulu took my money and cocked up their order system.

Mate, I'm really sorry to hear that. I'll try flagging the concerns from this end too, and with two of us at it, I'm sure they'll manage to sort it soon. To my knowledge, this is the first problem we've had. ;)

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Hulver. You have PM.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:biggrin: A mystery parcel arrived today - containing THE BOOK :biggrin:. I wonder how many copies have sold so far? Those of you waiting for it to be offered on the CC book exchange, carry on waiting, this is one to keep I am afraid :laugh:.

I can't wait to read the story yet again (3rd time) ;) and will buy another copy for somebody's birthday present in the near future.

T

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Howdo Telemark. Really glad to hear you're enjoying it. Cheers for posting.

With thanks owed to the good folk of these forums, we're currently totalling 83 copies sold. I'm sure that's small cheese compared to almost any other book published, but its certainly *my* number one best seller, and I'm oddly proud of it :laugh:

Work is getting extremely possessive of my time right now (prohibiting family, food, sleep, et al), but when I get a gap, I have been pushing to get the readership up. So far the payoff has been a (hopefully favourable) mention in this month's Velovision, and also a review in the next edition of Arrivée.

For those with a lot more free time than me, there's a blog for the book at: http://barringmechanicals.blogspot.com/. :laugh:

Thanks again to all,

Andy.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Andy - I'll see if I can find somewhere on Crazyguyonabike to give it a plug. I think you more than fit the title!

Arch

Married to Night Train
arallsopp said:
Work is getting extremely possessive of my time right now (prohibiting family, food, sleep, et al), but when I get a gap, I have been pushing to get the readership up. So far the payoff has been a (hopefully favourable) mention in this month's Velovision, and also a review in the next edition of Arrivée.

Nah, I said I hated it...:tongue:

BTW, are you a subscriber? I can probably send you a couple of extra copies once I'm back at my desk next week.

I was telling my bro in law about it. He told his boss at work, who's a bit of a keen cyclist and has egged a load of them to enter a sportive in July. Apparently the boss said it was 'barmy'....xx(

It's taken me a while to get around to ordering but at last PayPal to Lulo today.

Enjoyed following your antics over the LEL weekend - now to sit down and enjoy it all over again.

Cheers

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Thanks for this John. Let me know how you get on with it :biggrin:

Hey! Just been notified that the book is on Amazon.com!
Wonder if I can convince Tollers to get the ball rolling stateside :smile:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Ordered a paper copy yesterday (just noticed it in the sig line) - I'm assuming the few days delay is to allow for an ancient tree to be chainsawed to the ground.
I too will look forward to reading through this 'jolly' again!

due to a shaky hand and a recalitrant paypal, I today received 2 copies of an excellent paperbag. Quality is really high. A copy for home and a copy for work sounds just about right to me. Read the forward at work today - enjoyed it so much I'm just about to read it again while I wait for year end processing to finish. At least I'm logged in from home right now.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just finished it!

Read this mainly as a bedtime book and think the recumbent reading position really helped.

The thread was terrific and a deserved POTY winner but it was nice to read this in a paper format. A lovely writing style where the book almost reads itself.

Great stuff - the riding and the write up!!!! :thumbsup:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
threebikesmcginty said:
recumbent reading position

:biggrin: good, isn't it, I did the same with my paper copy!:reading:

To Mr Allsopp ... have you been approached by any agents yet, wanting to represent you and make you a best seller? ;)

When we can expect the next epic? ... your readership is waiting! Of course that might mean you have to go and have another adventure to write about :ohmy: ...

:whistle:

T

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

threebikesmcginty said:
Just finished it! The thread was terrific [...] but it was nice to read this in a paper format. A lovely writing style where the book almost reads itself.
Thank you. I'm very glad you enjoyed it. Cheers for posting back on this. Its a lovely thing to come back to on the first day of work after the Easter break.

Telemark said:
have you been approached by any agents yet, wanting to represent you and make you a best seller? :wacko:
LOL. Its already a best seller. Well, my best seller anyway. Which is to say, this has already shifted more copies than anything else I've published. Or more accurately, there's nothing else I've published that has sold more copies. Or more succinctly, there's nothing else I've published. :biggrin:

I'd love to see it properly distributed, to be honest. The feedback has been really strong, and there is a tiny part of me that says "chase it!" Balancing that and work is tricky though, and I can't give it the time (I hope) it deserves.

Telemark said:
When we can expect the next epic? ... your readership is waiting! Of course that might mean you have to go and have another adventure to write about :sad: ...

:biggrin:

T
It may sound daft, but I'm hoping the next epic comes from someone else. If barring mechanicals achieves anything, I'd like to think it goes some way to show that everyone has a story, and that the extraordinary is far more available than might be immediately apparent. I'm sure there are enough talented cyclechatters to make a book of 'ride reports', and really hope that this isn't a one off.

As for adventures... well, Tomsk and I are due to try something a little special in September this year. There might be a world record in it. Time will tell.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
arallsopp said:
It may sound daft, but I'm hoping the next epic comes from someone else. If barring mechanicals achieves anything, I'd like to think it goes some way to show that everyone has a story, and that the extraordinary is far more available than might be immediately apparent. I'm sure there are enough talented cyclechatters to make a book of 'ride reports', and really hope that this isn't a one off.
Here's hoping :biggrin:. The more the better as far as I am concerned...
But not everybody has your way with words, if I may say so :biggrin:

arallsopp said:
As for adventures... well, Tomsk and I are due to try something a little special in September this year. There might be a world record in it. Time will tell.

Care to expand or is it a big secret?

T

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

It is a big secret. :eek:

In compensation, I do offer the following good news to anyone who's just stumbled through this entire thread but hasn't yet bought a copy of the book.

Lulu are apparently offering a £2.99 discount on shipping costs until 5th May 2010, using the coupon code 'FREEMAILUK305'

If you've sat on the edge wondering whether to buy or not, this might be just about your best chance to do so.

Almost 15,000 views now. Someone's got to want one :smile:

Top Bottom