Selective eating disorder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hicky

Guru
A bag of porridge oats is fine (just the oats, nowt else added!)

Sorry to chopup your reply ColinJ......porridge(winter fuel)
Ideal food to throw fruit in if it is slightly past its best.....or a cup or whey powder....or honey...or a dash of nutmeg....or cinnamon.....we like porridge:hungry:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry to chopup your reply ColinJ......porridge(winter fuel)
Ideal food to throw fruit in if it is slightly past its best.....or a cup or whey powder....or honey...or a dash of nutmeg....or cinnamon.....we like porridge:hungry:
I should clarify ...

I do like stuff added to porridge but I like to be the one doing the adding rather than paying three times as much for OatSoSimple (whatever) and being stuck with their choice of extras.

I have been adding a pinch of Lo-salt (reduced sodium content), about half a teaspoon of honey, a sprinkling of raisins, and a chopped chilli or two! I usually slice a small banana into the cooked porridge.

I make the porridge with equal measures of oats, water and skimmed milk. Before I got ill, I was using a 250 mL measure but I have now cut down to 200-225 mL.

Gaz - if you try porridge and find it a bit bland, you can add chillis and curry powder! Not to everyone's taste but they certainly liven it up ... :thumbsup:

Hicky

Guru
I find the Oatsosimple very sweet, same with the Readybrek sachets(simple portions for kids but again too sweet).
I've never tried salt, or chillies....very different, I've heard of chocolate in Chilli.

Gaz keep posting the new things you try that do and dont float your boat:thumbsup:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Chilli with Chocolate in mmmmm :hungry: I have eaten chilli with chocolate in since I was a kid and all the kids at school thought that I was weird. Chocolate with chilli in is too delicious for words!

Keep on trying new stuff Gaz, you are an inspiration. My sister will only eat orange, and occasionally yellow, food. She's 42 now so I reckon that's SED. Mind you, she's pretty healthy on it. She recognises that she only likes orange food but says that she is quite happy that way. She cooks normal food of other colours for her kids, greens and whatnot.

I can totally vouch for the porridge thing. Porridge is just awesome. We eat it for brekky every day when there is an R in the month. Sometimes in May and June if its a brisk morning. I add honey and banana to mine. Sometimes raisins. currents etc, maybe some golden syrup on occasion.
On Xmas day we add a tot of scotch and double cream :wub: not for everyday though. I'm not sure that I could cope with Scotch for breakfast on a regular basis.

potsy

Rambler
Soon be back to 40st Gaz ;)

Hicky

Guru
Had a chat with the f/inlaw today (chicken roast dinner) how different meat tastes when bought from different suppliers ie cheap intensively farmed or free range(farm shop).
Maybe it was the chef, who else has noticed it??

We're lucky to live fairly near to a decent market which has a huge selection of meat fish and game.

Gaz try chicken breast cut a pocket into it(fill with garlic Philly) wrap with bacon awesomeness!

400bhp

Guru
Had a chat with the f/inlaw today (chicken roast dinner) how different meat tastes when bought from different suppliers ie cheap intensively farmed or free range(farm shop).
Maybe it was the chef, who else has noticed it??

We're lucky to live fairly near to a decent market which has a huge selection of meat fish and game.

Gaz try chicken breast cut a pocket into it(fill with garlic Philly) wrap with bacon awesomeness!

Yup

Try Tesco's beef:mrpig:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Corn Fed free range chicken is best, it's also very expensive !
Now you're just trying to really confused me
It's simple Gaz ... if you eat crappy food, it isn't great for you. If chickens eat crappy food then it isn't great for them. So, if you eat chickens fed on crappy food ... :whistle:

Same goes for fruit and vegetables too! You can buy cheap supermarket fruit and veg that has almost no taste. I was recently given a bag of apples straight from someone's back garden tree and they were absolutely delicious.

Top Bottom