Selective eating disorder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
It's simple Gaz ... if you eat crappy food, it isn't great for you. If chickens eat crappy food then it isn't great for them. So, if you eat chickens fed on crappy food ... :whistle:

Same goes for fruit and vegetables too! You can buy cheap supermarket fruit and veg that has almost no taste. I was recently given a bag of apples straight from someone's back garden tree and they were absolutely delicious.
As always, Colin, I salute you :0)

Still riding the crest of the wave, garlic bread, salad, reggae reggae sauce.

It's an ever growing list :0)

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
It's time to drop the c bomb. Hope my post later helps anyone in need of help

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Gaz.

I suggest that you hange the permalink settings on your new site so that your post URLs become more Google- and human-friendly. E.g.
Code:
http://thecycleoflife.co.uk/worlds-fattest-man/
rather than the cryptic
Code:
http://thecycleoflife.co.uk/?p=123
style.

Sara_H

Guru
Interesting thread.

As a 40 year old woman and a health professinal I'm aware that alot of people have issues around food. I myself am a vegetarian of 20 odd years, part of that decision was having an easy excuse to not have to eat meat, which was my big food issue.

I think calling it a "disorder" can mislead people into thinking that all issues are the same and can be cured by using a particular approach - but the truth is that the answer is different for everyone depending on what their issue is and what prompted it in the first place.

We're so messed up about food in the west, I remember a Victoria Wood documentary about how she overcame Bullimia - she was talking about how we'd got fatter and fatter since the war years. She commented that in those days people were able to walk down the high street without rewarding themselves with a muffin and a cuppacino! Said it all to me about how we view food as an emotional crutch, no matter what the emotion.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Hi Gaz.

I suggest that you hange the permalink settings on your new site so that your post URLs become more Google- and human-friendly. E.g.
Code:
http://thecycleoflife.co.uk/worlds-fattest-man/
rather than the cryptic
Code:
http://thecycleoflife.co.uk/?p=123
style.
Not even noticed that, thanks buddy
Still up for proof reading :0)

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Interesting thread.

As a 40 year old woman and a health professinal I'm aware that alot of people have issues around food. I myself am a vegetarian of 20 odd years, part of that decision was having an easy excuse to not have to eat meat, which was my big food issue.

I think calling it a "disorder" can mislead people into thinking that all issues are the same and can be cured by using a particular approach - but the truth is that the answer is different for everyone depending on what their issue is and what prompted it in the first place.

We're so messed up about food in the west, I remember a Victoria Wood documentary about how she overcame Bullimia - she was talking about how we'd got fatter and fatter since the war years. She commented that in those days people were able to walk down the high street without rewarding themselves with a muffin and a cuppacino! Said it all to me about how we view food as an emotional crutch, no matter what the emotion.
Very well put, I hope my post gets to the generics, I assumed mine was caused by one issue, but in idle chat I established it was actually 3 even so, within weeks that caused so much fear and heartache

I do feel cured now and I prey my story later. Can at least help one person out there

Gaz

Sara_H

Guru
Very well put, I hope my post gets to the generics, I assumed mine was caused by one issue, but in idle chat I established it was actually 3 even so, within weeks that caused so much fear and heartache

I do feel cured now and I prey my story later. Can at least help one person out there

Gaz
Good for you, you have my utmost admiration. You've turned yourself around and are true inspiration.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Great read Gaz!

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Just read page one here for the first Time since I posted

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all that believed in me, even when I really didn't think I could do it myself

You guys n gals rock

Top Bottom