September 9: Manchester to Magic Rock Brewery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Two carrier bags then

and a wire tie

and maybe bulldog clip
It's a date then, but I'm not sure what the bulldog clip is for you kinky puppy :eek:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Given the likelihood of bad weather and my having no desire to be shown up by a bunch of bedraggled, MAMIL, scruffbags, I'll get up at the crack of 9 and be at Piccadilly where I'm happy to carry a small amount of stuff. I'll be on public transport and on foot so a small amount of stuff. As I understand it there will be about six of you nobbers on bicycles...

So if you want a dry tee-shirt and socks or whatevs at Holmfirth and/or Hudds. then pack them up small in a bag (e.g. supermarket carrier) for me to put in my ruck-sack and haul sherpa like at your convenience.

Thanks very much Mossy. I'll bring a dry t shirt and socks if you don't mind

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Cracking the flags here at the moment. Course, 10 mins ago you couldn't see the flags cos of all the rainwater.....

I'll just see what it's doing when I set off and dress appropriately.... I can always nip home at lunchtime and rethink things. :smile:

Given the likelihood of bad weather and my having no desire to be shown up by a bunch of bedraggled, MAMIL, scruffbags, I'll get up at the crack of 9 and be at Piccadilly where I'm happy to carry a small amount of stuff. I'll be on public transport and on foot so a small amount of stuff. As I understand it there will be about six of you nobbers on bicycles...

So if you want a dry tee-shirt and socks or whatevs at Holmfirth and/or Hudds. then pack them up small in a bag (e.g. supermarket carrier) for me to put in my ruck-sack and haul sherpa like at your convenience.
I'm going have to re-think my whole strategy now.

doughnut

Veteran
Hey Mossy, hope you've been down the gym doing some training for all the stuff you are going to be loaded up with.

Reminds me of the first Llandudno ride where after Mrs Doughnut offered the car, I think 3 separate people asked if they could kip in the car on the Saturday night. Not quite what she was expecting.

On another note, how come this is the first time I've come across this thread - I'm starting to understand just how rubbish I am at this internet thing. Fraid I cant come anyway but it sounds like its going to be a good one.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
On another note, how come this is the first time I've come across this thread
Oops, sorry people, I seem to have let the cat out of the bag..... :blush:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Well, looks like I'll be on my own.
The lads who showed an interest looked at the weather forecast and decided they had "an urgent hair appointment", "a bit of a poorly knee" or "my wife wont let me".

Bloody jessies the lot of em..

As strategies go it's not exactly up there with the battle of Austerlitz is it @Crackle?
Do you not have jersey pockets you idle scouse git :smile:
They're full, you big wool, with everything you need on one of Nicky's all weather rides. Plus, Mossy offered, otherwise the leg warmers would have stayed at home but I'm packing them to spare other train passengers my shins. Plus, it's probably already winter out your way and you'll all be wearing your cloth caps and clogs.

Top Bottom