September 9: Manchester to Magic Rock Brewery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just as an aside - have you checked with Magic rock about somewhere to put the bikes?
Lets just say that MR is not in the nicest area of Huddersfield......
They're very bicycle friendly (incidentally, they sell nice jerseys and caps in the shop if you bring your spends).

Bicycles can go right round into the outdoor seating area, well away from the road and car park - there's always been a fair few there when I have been in the past.

What time is everyone thinking of staying until? I have to book my train tickets and I think I've got 9.30 or 10.30 as my option.

What time is everyone thinking of staying until? I have to book my train tickets and I think I've got 9.30 or 10.30 as my option.
Not sure about your onward trains from Manc, Crax, but as a general bit of local knowledge for anyone who doesn't know... You don't need to book bicycles on Northern Rail trains. TPE website says that you do need to book but I didn't think that was the case; maybe they're not very strict. The Northern Rail stopping services are probably easiest to get on with a bicycle if there are a few of you (each two car unit has one compartment officially for two but that will accomodate many more quite easily if the train's not otherwise busy). It's considerably slower than TPE though.

PS: Personally, I would have thought that 9:30 would be plenty late enough for most if you're all arriving at 4 but I suppose with your habit, Crackle, best give yesen the extra hour, eh?

Not sure about your onward trains from Manc, Crax, but as a general bit of local knowledge for anyone who doesn't know... You don't need to book bicycles on Northern Rail trains. TPE website says that you do need to book but I didn't think that was the case; maybe they're not very strict. The Northern Rail stopping services are probably easiest to get on with a bicycle if there are a few of you (each two car unit has one compartment officially for two but that will accomodate many more quite easily if the train's not otherwise busy). It's considerably slower than TPE though.
I will be taking the TPE and was thinking 9.30 otherwise I might not be able to find the station.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
What time's your train into Piccadilly @Crackle ?

Reason I ask is because I'm planning on getting there about 10.40 ish with @Kestevan and @I like Skol . If you're in around that time can we ask @Pennine-Paul to try to get there at a similar time and we can all get away a bit early?

Of course if you're not getting there til 11 ish then existing arrangements apply

I'm planning to have a cycling friend with me and Kes is threatening to have some of his too.

What time's your train into Piccadilly @Crackle ?

Reason I ask is because I'm planning on getting there about 10.40 ish with @Kestevan and @I like Skol . If you're in around that time can we ask @Pennine-Paul to try to get there at a similar time and we can all get away a bit early?

Of course if you're not getting there til 11 ish then existing arrangements apply

I'm planning to have a cycling friend with me and Kes is threatening to have some of his too.
It should be in at 10.41 if I can get a bike reservation on that train.

Which website allows you to book bikes and tickets at the same time these days?

Top Bottom