September 9: Manchester to Magic Rock Brewery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
So, with a week to go, time for a roll call

@I like Skol
@Kestevan
@Pennine-Paul
@Crackle
@si_c
@DP
@MossCommuter

Skolly & Kes will ride with me to Manchester where, I presume, everyone else will be (excepting Mossy who will meet us there or maybe at the Lunch stop?)

ATM, BBC weather forecast is good...dry, nice tailwind (the main climb is high and bleak so if you get a tailwind you can go like the clappers on the descent)

Naturally, if anyone else wants to join then they're more than welcome. Just post here and I'll add you. I can promise a very scenic and not too strenuous ride from Manchester to Huddersfield, good lunch stop and excellent beers at the Brewery we're finishing at. From where there are loads of trains to various places
I'm going to have to pass I'm afraid, got a plumber coming next weekend, and with that and decorating which needs doing, it's not even worth asking Mrs C for a pass :cry:

So, with a week to go, time for a roll call

@I like Skol
@Kestevan
@Pennine-Paul
@Crackle
@si_c
@DP
@MossCommuter

Skolly & Kes will ride with me to Manchester where, I presume, everyone else will be (excepting Mossy who will meet us there or maybe at the Lunch stop?)

ATM, BBC weather forecast is good...dry, nice tailwind (the main climb is high and bleak so if you get a tailwind you can go like the clappers on the descent)

Naturally, if anyone else wants to join then they're more than welcome. Just post here and I'll add you. I can promise a very scenic and not too strenuous ride from Manchester to Huddersfield, good lunch stop and excellent beers at the Brewery we're finishing at. From where there are loads of trains to various places
I'm still in, although it's looking like a quick group..........and me.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Just done a quick recce of the section from Holmfirth to MR. No problems other than a complete tool in a van who insisted on overtaking on the wrong side of the traffic island just before a blind bend, driver leaning on the horn while his mate yelled something incomprehensible.

Sometimes it would be nice to have a nice subtle artillery strike on speed-dial.......

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
She and a select number of the hcc ladies will instead turn up directly at magic rock.... Typical avoiding the ride but turning up for ale; Knew there was a reason I married her. :smile:
I missed this when it was posted. I have to miss the fun part of the day's entertainment due to work commitments and you are turning up with a bunch of ladeez! Just my luck.......

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'm still in, although it's looking like a quick group..........and me.
I've been keeping a very interested eye on the thread, and you'd have had company in Team Slow if I hadn't sprained my foot while working up in Edinburgh (dangerous place, Scotland). I'm sufficiently mended to be back on the bike already, but I can't climb out of the saddle so hilly stuff is out. Have a few beers for me.

I've been keeping a very interested eye on the thread, and you'd have had company in Team Slow if I hadn't sprained my foot while working up in Edinburgh (dangerous place, Scotland). I'm sufficiently mended to be back on the bike already, but I can't climb out of the saddle so hilly stuff is out. Have a few beers for me.
Oh you're as much use as Rich then. I shall select a careful pint/s then and think of you both as i sup it.

Booooo

Training's going well

IMG_20170903_170802.jpg

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
May be turning up Mob handed.
3 or 4 additional peeps I know have expressed an interest. If they bother turning up they'll be riding over from Holmfirth with me.

Some of them are probably as gravitationaly challenged as @Crackle so he may end up with some company on the climbs :smile:

Top Bottom