Share your Hummus recipes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Lidl....I could do a whole tub with a packet of cheese biscuits.
If I was allowed 🙄

In Lebanon, that would be considered part of a decent breakfast!

T4tomo

Guru
The Sabra one is needlessly expensive and not actually that nice.

The basic Tesco one is decent enough - and you can get it in single serve pots, while the Lidl one won a blind taste test on "Eat Well For Less", beating the Sabra one. if memory serves, the Sabra one came second from last out of the five tested. When something wins a blind taste test on that show, it's always worth trying it.

To be honest, it's probably better to make your own.
The Sabra one is very smooth in texture, so I think its a bit marmite in that respect. I find it dangerously addictive, but better bought when on special offer.

but agree its so easy to make

The Sabra one is very smooth in texture, so I think its a bit marmite in that respect. I find it dangerously addictive, but better bought when on special offer.

but agree its so easy to make

It wasn't the texture that bothered me, more that I found it woefully under-seasoned.

I like my hummus with a good bit of garlic and lemon. It's one of those things that needs a bit of "ooomph" :blush:

Back in the 1980s there was (and still is, I was fairly recently informed!) a wonderful restaurant called The Golden Sheep in Al Ain, UAE. Lidl's hummus is very near to the flavour of the wonderful hummus I was used to there. Pity I've never found a tabbouleh of the same quality but given that relies very largely on the flavour and texture of fresh herbs, not much can be done about that when their growing conditions here are so very different.

Back in the 1980s there was (and still is, I was fairly recently informed!) a wonderful restaurant called The Golden Sheep in Al Ain, UAE. Lidl's hummus is very near to the flavour of the wonderful hummus I was used to there. Pity I've never found a tabbouleh of the same quality but given that relies very largely on the flavour and texture of fresh herbs, not much can be done about that when their growing conditions here are so very different.
Golden Sheep in Al Ain is still going strong. Small World.

Mmmmmmm, tabbouleh... :hungry:

That's another thing I like to make. It goes so well with fish and lamb.

One of the reasons I keep massive planters full of parsley and mint. I'm lucky I have a little south-west facing suntrap in my garden, and they do fabby there.

Top Bottom