Shimano m520 spd pedal - any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yup fine from all accounts. I've got some old M535's, a little better (well probable not now as things have improved), but have been in use for about 14 years !!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have had those for over a year now. Very good pedals imho. Have had no problems with them at all.

Oh, and I gaurantee that you won't regret going clipless

Blue

Legendary Member
I have M520s on one of my bikes and find them excellent. Being double sided they make going clipless that bit easier.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If there is an allen key socket, then they will be adjustable - it's on the end of each pedal - two adjusters per pedal. Just checked the pics, and there appears to be.

IMHO SPD's aren't that hard to get into, not compared to road pedals.

Tynan

Veteran
what I have and they're fine, never fallen yet, quite, good wallking type shoes too

glen

I have Shimano m520 pedals on roadbike (Specialized Allez). There very good. Cilp in both sides. M20 shoes. My only gripe is the shoes are not waterproof. Need to get overshoes.

robbarker

Absolutely nothing wrong with them. If you buy the grey pastic tool to strip them down, you can regrease them a couple of times a year and they'll go on for ever too.

dodgy

rich p said:
Even if you include delivery and cleats?

Yup. I bought a pair a while back to put on my trainer for £10 on eBay, but they've gone up in price recently, I think there are now a lot of novices going to clipless so prices are rising slightly.

Dave.

Top Bottom