Shimano Tiagra RD4700 Rear Derailleur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It is.

Why are you replacing it? Unless the current one is faulty there won't be a jot of difference in shifting (The mech is only a slave unit, shift performance is controlled by shifters and cables).

OP
OP
Dogzodiac

Dogzodiac

My bike is in pristine condition apart dropping the bike and scuffed up the Derailleur. It works fine, just cosmetic, but I find it very annoying, but for parting with only £28 I get the bike back to pristine condition. I'm like this with most things, if I notice a dent or a scratch it stares at me

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
My bike is in pristine condition apart dropping the bike and scuffed up the Derailleur. It works fine, just cosmetic, but I find it very annoying, but for parting with only £28 I get the bike back to pristine condition. I'm like this with most things, if I notice a dent or a scratch it stares at me
I can relate to that, tatty kit irritates me too and I would consider £28 well worth paying to replace something that put my teeth on edge every time I looked at it.

No problems with compatibility so go for it.

faster

Über Member
I don't think it will be compatible with your shifters. For the new 4700 groupset, I think the pull ratio of the derailleur has been changed to be the same as the 11 speed groupsets.

Pretty much any other 7/8/9/10 speed shimano road derailleur will fit - just not this one.

Hopefully someone else will be along soon to confirm.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I don't think it will be compatible with your shifters. For the new 4700 groupset, I think the pull ratio of the derailleur has been changed to be the same as the 11 speed groupsets.

Pretty much any other 7/8/9/10 speed shimano road derailleur will fit - just not this one.

Hopefully someone else will be along soon to confirm.
What he said regards cable pull. i think the new 4700 only works with the4700 shifters , i could of course be talking turnips .

zigzag

Veteran
Hi, I own a Trek Alpha 1.5 2014 with the speed 10 speed Tiagra. I looking to replace my existing battered Derailleur with a new Tiagra http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-tiagra-rd4700-rear-derailleur-ss/
Is this compatible?

it is not compatible; buy only if you want to waste your money :smile:

Top Bottom