Shocking CCTV of a cyclist being pushed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
So, we replace a thousand year old proven and globally respected justice system with privately owned video footage and lynching mobs.

Yay for progress!

Facepalm.

Davidsw8

So, we replace a thousand year old proven and globally respected justice system with privately owned video footage and lynching mobs.

Yay for progress!

Facepalm.

Why not have both? The privately owned video footage is evidence to be used in our wonderfully effective justice system :smile:

And no one's been lynched or is likely to be.

classic33

Leg End Member

Yay for progress!

Facepalm.
Just an advance on "They said, I said", which has been the mainstay of the system. Unless you had money in the olden days.
Poverty begets crime, which confuses those who would prefer it be a genetic or racial trait.

It's not something the right wing tend to like to hear either.
The bankers are poor then!
Caught a solicitor shoplifting, with a purpose made coat. And he didn't appear to be poor.

Is poverty a relative thing?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The initial value of the video footage in this case was it identified the suspect.

He will surely have known the police would be given his name sooner or later, so chose to give himself up.

As far as I can gather, this was a classic police witness appeal in that the Met released the footage, or possibly just a still image.

Many crimes have been solved over the years by witness appeals.

What has changed recently is pictures/vids can be shunted around the internet and anyone can comment on them.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I spoke to somebody earlier who had a different perspective on the video, that may render this entire discussion pointless. She reckoned that the incident began earlier than shown on the video. The cyclist had had some sort of run in with the pedestrian, where she waved a finger, and he threatened to to push her off. The video apparently starts with him having almost caught her up, which is why she says 'please don't push me off'.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I spoke to somebody earlier who had a different perspective on the video, that may render this entire discussion pointless. She reckoned that the incident began earlier than shown on the video. The cyclist had had some sort of run in with the pedestrian, where she waved a finger, and he threatened to to push her off. The video apparently starts with him having almost caught her up, which is why she says 'please don't push me off'.

Doesn't yobbo say something like: "So you think you can put your finger up at me?"

I suspect he subjected her to some random cyclist abuse, to which she responded with the finger gesture.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
There's been way too much analysis here. The bloke was a violent dick. End of.
Indeed, nothing justifies his assault.

Speculation about what he meant by finger could be as simple as her pointing at him, some people dont even like to be looked at.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Ooh yes. Can I go with "is deeply remorseful and has turned his life around since the incident and is now actively seeking work."

Damn, I've just thought of another one that I may be swayed towards: " he has very little recollection of the events..."

GC

Top Bottom