Shoe digging into top of foot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ms10

Regular
Hi all.
I wear Bontrager Velocis shoes, but after something like 8 months and 1200 miles in them I've noticed that the end of the tongue is digging into the top of my foot - just where it curves into the shin. It's most noticeable when that tendon is taught, ie when the foot is at the top of the rotation, or when standing up.

Bizarrely, it's the right foot only. The left is not affected.

I've tried cutting back the tongue, plus trimming back some of the shoe, but it's still an issue.

Has anyone had the same issue, either with the Velocis shoes or others? Any suggestions for a cure, or alternative shoe?

The Velocis seem like a good shoe, and are otherwise a good fit.

Thanks.
Mark

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Have you tried some shoe wax on the leather to soften it up? It’s not unusual for one foot to be affected and not the other. Most of us do not have feet exactly the same size and shape. My left foot is about 1/2 size bigger than the right.

OP
OP
M

ms10

Regular
Have you tried some shoe wax on the leather to soften it up? It’s not unusual for one foot to be affected and not the other. Most of us do not have feet exactly the same size and shape. My left foot is about 1/2 size bigger than the right.
Hi Ming. I haven't tried that. Are these shoes actually leather?
Saying that, it seems to be the plastic guide for the BOA tightening thread which is the issue.

Top Bottom