Shoe size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noddy63

Hi, looking to replace my old shoes (basically) stout trainers for my hybrid, to a to a more road style(using the 2bolt SPS system) looking on various websites and e-bay the sizes seem to differ a great deal ie 44-size 9, 44-size 9.5,44-size 10, 45- size 10, while a realise that different manufacturers will have differing sizes i was wondering if anyone had any buying advise, I am normally a size 10 in trainers etc, should i look for a 10 or maybe go up half a size or more, tried some on a few months ago and they all seem very tight. Any ideas ?^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
Buy usual size and size up from a retailer with free delivery and free returns. eg Sigma
https://www.sigmasports.com/clothing/shoes#product_category_name[]=Clothing > Shoes > Mountain Biking Shoes&size_combinations[]=UK 10/EUR 44&size_combinations[]=UK 10.5/EUR 44.5&size_combinations[]=UK 11/EUR 45&page=1&filters={}&sort=price_low_high

If you have very wide feet for example, some brands will be better than others, ditto if narrow feet. You may even need to go two sizes up

Road style shoes usually take the 3 bolt system which sit proud of the sole, 2 bolt are more MTB / trainer style with the cleat recessed. Do NOT get 2 bolt shoes where the cleat is no recessed, they are lethal on hard floors

Last edited:
Top Bottom