Shoe Stockists Northwest - suggestions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Morning all. I'm trying to find a retailer which carries a decent range of cycle shoes. I'm a road rider using SPDs but usually wear MTB shoes as I have very broad feet and find MTB shoes comfortable. I'm in the Chorley, Lancashire area and would consider Manchester, for example, as local so around 30/40 miles maximum distance. I'm reluctant to buy online as finding a fit is tricky and I don't want to spend time returning shoes which don't fit.

I've always found Specialized to be good but any brand will do.

vickster

Legendary Member
@Globalti posted similar not too long ago if you search

Giant stores usually have a range, one in Liverpool I think

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning all. I'm trying to find a retailer which carries a decent range of cycle shoes. I'm a road rider using SPDs but usually wear MTB shoes as I have very broad feet and find MTB shoes comfortable. I'm in the Chorley, Lancashire area and would consider Manchester, for example, as local so around 30/40 miles maximum distance. I'm reluctant to buy online as finding a fit is tricky and I don't want to spend time returning shoes which don't fit.

I've always found Specialized to be good but any brand will do.
Looks like you have a Merlin? I have always found them good to deal with and seem to have a decent selection.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's a problem because retailers don't want to carry stock. I still haven't found anything I prefer to my scruffy old Shimano shoes.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
It's a problem because retailers don't want to carry stock. I still haven't found anything I prefer to my scruffy old Shimano shoes.
My LBS only carries minimal stock, I purchased a pair of Northwave many moons ago and it was "buy now we will order in" I took a gamble because no one stocked 14's

vickster

Legendary Member
I just do an online order into store at Evans - click and collect, try on, return there and then if no good, money back on CC within 5 days, no hassle with return postage. Even better with Halfords, don't even need to pay up front and 10% BC discount

(clearly you need to have some idea of foot size)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Another for Decathlon. They usually stock their own and Shimano shoes - I got Shimano MTB shoes by trying them on, which has enabled me to mail order Shimano MTB Boots as they have the same sole. I always try on shoes first (except in this case)

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Lake are the best I've found, as long as you buy the specific wide fit version, not the cheapest though. I took a chance and bought online before trying from Saltdog, really good service as well.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Lake are the best I've found, as long as you buy the specific wide fit version, not the cheapest though. I took a chance and bought online before trying from Saltdog, really good service as well.
Second this. I have a pair of Lake wide fit, can't remember the model now. Nice and roomy. I think Sidi do a wide fit too but they are mega pricy!

Sharky

Guru
Sports Direct stock cycling shoes. I would never buy from there as they have a poor returns policy - they won't unless it's broken. So you would end up with a credit note and still no shoes if they didn't fit properly when you got them home.

But an option to try a few pairs for fit.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Sports Direct stock cycling shoes. I would never buy from there as they have a poor returns policy - they won't unless it's broken. So you would end up with a credit note and still no shoes if they didn't fit properly when you got them home.

But an option to try a few pairs for fit.
I wouldn't bother, they only do MuddyFox, I bought my first pair from there a few years back when I got back into cycling and they were terrible. They're not that wide and pinched like mad. Quality's not great either (surprise surprise).

Sharky

Guru
I wouldn't bother, they only do MuddyFox, I bought my first pair from there a few years back when I got back into cycling and they were terrible. They're not that wide and pinched like mad. Quality's not great either (surprise surprise).
Their online site is showing a few pairs of Shimano & Giro shoes as well, but as I said above, wouldn't buy from their myself either.

Top Bottom