Shop Assistants in Cycle Shops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sazzaa

Seriously, what is wrong with them?! Seems that almost every cycle shop I go into has complete nobbers working behind the tills. Yesterday I went into Evans for a browse and thought I'd treat myself to a new helmet. At the till the guy said "so you've suddenly decided to protect your head have you?" I mean really, wtf is that all about? Customer service skills of a gnat. Wish I'd told him to shove the helmet up his @rse but I was taken off guard.

Peteaud

Veteran
Seriously, what is wrong with them?! Seems that almost every cycle shop I go into has complete nobbers working behind the tills. Yesterday I went into Evans for a browse and thought I'd treat myself to a new helmet. At the till the guy said "so you've suddenly decided to protect your head have you?" I mean really, wtf is that all about? Customer service skills of a gnat. Wish I'd told him to shove the helmet up his @rse but I was taken off guard.

Some of them are beyond a joke.

Last year i was going to spend a large sum of money in a bike shop when the sales assistant started getting really blunt about what i should be riding.

No Sale.

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

The only good one I've been into is the tiny independent one in Banchory, the guy in there is a champ. I really thought the Glasgow ones would be better than Aberdeen, but nope!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sales and customer service training seem to seriously lacking in a lot of shops, not only cycle shops. I guess it is the fault of the employer who doesn't see the need for such training. It's especially disappointing considering Evans is a nationwide chain and could do themselves a lot of harm.

ScotiaLass

Guru
WTF!!!
I'd have told him to stop being do damn presumptuous!
Did you get soemthing nice then?

Big Nick

I was in the Giant shop in York and was asking the shop assistant her technical opinion on which Defy model would be best for me, I was speechless when she pointed one out and said the colour would look great with the Giant jerseys they sold!!

babytiger

Sales and customer service training seem to seriously lacking in a lot of shops, not only cycle shops. I guess it is the fault of the employer who doesn't see the need for such training. It's especially disappointing considering Evans is a nationwide chain and could do themselves a lot of harm.
We are not a bike shop but are always on training days to keep our customer service in excellence mode....TODOBILACTION leads to TODOBILATION That's Wilkos for you lol

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Leisure Lakes; Lancaster and their spotty 16 year old pillock....

me: Do you have any front pannier racks?
him: No, no one uses them
me: Well, they are quite handy for balancing a touring load, especially on uphill climbs
him: There aren't any hills around here.
me [thjnks]: WTF... this shop is at the top of a hill, this town is on the side of a hill, and for 50 miles north & east there's nothing but hills... you spotty little pr!ck!!!
me [says]: OK. Bye!

And then they wonder why we shop online ^_^

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
It's not just bike shops. I went to the bank on Friday, I wanted to change £60.00 in twentys to a £50 note and two £5 notes. The feckin hoops I had to jump thorough to to do that was a feckin pain, jeezus I'm not feckin crook, just change the money,and stop checking your finger nails you vacuous over made up fat bint. It's none of your dam business why I want to change cash.

Last edited:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident

I wonder if that sales assistant also works in Evans at the National Cycling Centre Manchester, as i was stood there awaiting to be served a lady was talking excitedly about the picture in the window of Bradley Wiggins.
From outside the shop the poster in the window was full size and very clear, from the inside of the shop is was totally transparent, (turns out it was a one way type film put onto the glass). as she said how amazing it was the assistant just stood looking at her like she had been scrapped of his shoe, i was on the verge of telling him what i thought (i like to do that in shops , makes it more of a shopping experience), he said something in his grunt and was off into the back room leaving the other assistant to do the serving, luckily he was helpful and all got sorted out in minutes and with a smile.

Top Bottom