Shopping in lycra?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
do we all count as complete strangers? just so i'm sure… ;)

Ah well, there's a list of who on here I regard as a stranger for those purposes and who I don't (a sort of 'not with a 10 foot bargepole' list)...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
OK, who is trying to get in the 'strangest cyclists' thread - check out Mad Tony

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ23bZaZkbE

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mr Pig said:
No, neither would I. But I'll bet the woman who did this would be up in arms if someone did it to her?

Yes, maybe she would. But that doesn't make all women hypocrites as your post implied, that's all I'm saying.

Well, no more than all men are...

Perry

buddha said:
I used to be a 'shopper in lycra'.

Until one day, while queuing in Tesco's a woman touched me bum:ohmy:
She was embarrassed and apologised, saying it was an accident. But when I turned around she did it again, and again! Bloomin' Perv;)

Now when going shopping, I wear a pair of Ronhill bikesters (cut to above the knee) over the shorts. They are just a little baggy, comfortable and not too hot. Though most of all, preserve my dignity!

Some guys get all the fun !

buddha

Veteran
Perry said:
Some guys get all the fun !
Not when they look like this ...

chrisbedson-toe.jpg
:biggrin:

postman

Legendary Member
Reminds me of many years ago.We have bought a display cabinet one glass shelf broken.Waited weeks for a replacement not coming.So on my way back from somewhere sat afternoon.Actually passed this store in Guiseley Leeds.Went in bit sticky sweaty and in lycra.They took a shelf out of a display cabinet for me.Just to get me out of the store.Priceless.

Bigtallfatbloke

I wore lycra on a couple of days in Germany...walking around the supermarkets got no strange looks at all...but would I do it is ASDA essex...erm...yeah...f***'em course I would!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Bigtallfatbloke said:
I wore lycra on a couple of days in Germany...walking around the supermarkets got no strange looks at all...but would I do it is ASDA essex...erm...yeah...f***'em course I would!

they aren't used to seeing people in sporting attire who look like they've done any sport :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:
I honestly don't see what the big deal is. As long as you're not actually indecent, go shopping in whatever you want to wear. Who cares what a load of strangers think?:biggrin:

Hear hear! (or is it here, here, I never know...)

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Or indeed "Hear her! Hear her!"

Which if one needed a specific location might evolve to "Hear her here! Hear her here!"

Which wouldn't be at all confusing, oh no.

Landslide said:
Or indeed "Hear her! Hear her!"

Which if one needed a specific location might evolve to "Hear her here! Hear her here!"

Which wouldn't be at all confusing, oh no.

:biggrin::biggrin:

I did think I ought to put the female pronoun somewhere in that post, but I don't think there were any women in Parliament when the phrase was invented, so it would have very definitely been "hear him."

Top Bottom