Shopping in lycra?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
alecstilleyedye said:
if you do it, for pete's sake take the helmet off though. i always think people wandering around sainsburys with their bike helmets on look like they're all on some sort of day release scheme.

Been there done that... sometimes because I've forgotten that I have the helmet on, other times as there is too much in my hands to carry it anywhere else:biggrin:.

Arch

Married to Night Train
summerdays said:
Been there done that... sometimes because I've forgotten that I have the helmet on, other times as there is too much in my hands to carry it anywhere else:biggrin:.

I usually leave mine on, if it's only to walk round Sainsburys or something - much easier to carry on the head than banging about next to the basket in one hand...

To the OP: For pity's sake, just wear whatever is convenient and comfortable. God, you men can be so precious about your images sometimes...:ohmy:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
summerdays said:

i've recently taken to going to the supermarket on the bike for top up items. i always wear civvies (not worth changing for a 2 minute ride) and attach my lid to the rucksack in-store.

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
i've recently taken to going to the supermarket on the bike for top up items. i always wear civvies (not worth changing for a 2 minute ride) and attach my lid to the rucksack in-store.

What a faff! Do you check your lippy before you go in, as well?:ohmy:

Since I don't use a rucksack on the bike, we're back to square one. Try carrying a pannier, your basket, and a helmet, in one hand...

Perry

Cant see what all the fuss is about
Shorts.jpg

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
God, you men can be so precious about your images sometimes...
If I didn't think the faux crocodile skin would mark, I'd give you a right good bash with my man bag.

buddha

Veteran
I used to be a 'shopper in lycra'.

Until one day, while queuing in Tesco's a woman touched me bum:ohmy:
She was embarrassed and apologised, saying it was an accident. But when I turned around she did it again, and again! Bloomin' Perv;)

Now when going shopping, I wear a pair of Ronhill bikesters (cut to above the knee) over the shorts. They are just a little baggy, comfortable and not too hot. Though most of all, preserve my dignity!

Mr Pig

buddha said:
But when I turned around she did it again, and again! Bloomin' Perv

You should've had her arrested on principal. A man would never in a million years get away with that. Women don't want equality, they want the best of both.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Mr Pig said:
You should've had her arrested on principal. A man would never in a million years get away with that. Women don't want equality, they want the best of both.

SOME women...

I wouldn't dream of touching up a complete stranger, any more than I'd want it done to me.

Top Bottom