Shopping trollies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
You know, the kind like your granny has. Since we're trying to shop locally my wife's after one which she can take to the local shops with the baby in the sling and potentially dragging the 4yo as well. So does anybody have one they could recommend or suggest I avoid? Any tips, 2 wheels or 4 wheels etc? Modern designs with cool prints and stuff? I've spotted these which look quite good but it'd be nice to know if anybody else is using one...

https://www.rolser.com/en/

I get that this is a bit niche and they're not all that common, so I won't be surprised if this thread attracts no reply, but we're a mixed bunch on the forum so you never know. And before anybody suggests it yes I do own a cargo bike but there's no way my wife would ride it to the shops.

Best solution I can give is ditch the shopping and embrace online deliveries to your door for the weekly stables, get a milk man for your milk, cheese and milkshake/orange juice and invest in a spacious backpack as a changing bag.

For the 4yo get them on a balance bike, great way to get somewhere relatively fast as little legs don’t go far!

You would be surprised how much this removes the need to carry stuff, it’s what we do and we have three little ones

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I use a shopping trolly. 2 wheels. It's been around for ages and I have no idea what make. They are a super invention indeed. Prices on that rolser link look distinctly expensive but I am well out of touch.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Best solution I can give is ditch the shopping and embrace online deliveries to your door for the weekly stables, get a milk man for your milk, cheese and milkshake/orange juice and invest in a spacious backpack as a changing bag.

For the 4yo get them on a balance bike, great way to get somewhere relatively fast as little legs don’t go far!

You would be surprised how much this removes the need to carry stuff, it’s what we do and we have three little ones
Yeah, I mean the question was about a shopping trolley rather than our entire farking lifestyle but knock yourself out.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
I use a shopping trolly. 2 wheels. It's been around for ages and I have no idea what make. They are a super invention indeed. Prices on that rolser link look distinctly expensive but I am well out of touch.
They do look expensive and I'm wondering how much is justified and how much is trendy marketing. They seem to do some clever foldy stuff which looks good for storage.

wonderloaf

Veteran
When Mrs W & I first lived together we couldn't afford a car so we had a couple of shopping trolleys (2 wheeled type) to transport our shopping from the local Sainsbury's back to our flat, thinking about it now we must have been the un-coolest couple of 23 year olds in New Barnet at the time :laugh:
I think they may have been tartan ones as well :whistle:

simon.r

Person
Would something like this work?

https://www.londoncyclist.co.uk/burley-travoy-trailer-review/

Would double as a bike trailer.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
When Mrs W & I first lived together we couldn't afford a car so we had a couple of shopping trolleys (2 wheeled type) to transport our shopping from the local Sainsbury's back to our flat, thinking about it now we must have been the un-coolest couple of 23 year olds in New Barnet at the time :laugh:
I think they may have been tartan ones as well :whistle:
I was just looking at an Evening Standard best buy article, and one of them's described as 'Burberry-inspired check'.

https://www.standard.co.uk/shopping...essories/best-shopping-trolleys-a4244116.html

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
Maz has got a Rolser, very good quality aluminium frame, large wheels and the (removable) bag is made of a similar material to a rucksack. :becool:
Cool. It it the large wheeled version, or is it just that the wheels on the regular one are large enough?

raleighnut

Legendary Member

It's actually a bit darker in real life, kind of a plum colour but this camera is a bit 'dynamic' unless you fiddle with the settings

Top Bottom