Shopping trollies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

D

Deleted member 26715

Going back a long time maybe 70's my mum swapped from a 2 wheel to a 4 wheel it only lasted a couple of times before she went back to 2 wheels she didn't like it, it wanted to go where it wanted not where she wanted it to go.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Going back a long time maybe 70's my mum swapped from a 2 wheel to a 4 wheel it only lasted a couple of times before she went back to 2 wheels she didn't like it, it wanted to go where it wanted not where she wanted it to go.

4 wheel are more awkward manoeuvring wise but more stable when loaded..

A few of my residents have them but 2 wheel seems king plus easy to store away.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
https://www.shoppingtrolleysdirect.co.uk/ no experience of them, but a hell of a lot cheaper than th elink you put, although the 2 wheeled section currently has an error on the page
It's for a birthday present so I don't mind spending a few quid, although some of the more expensive Rolsers might be pushing it. I'd also have concerns about something that cost less than £20. I mean a good rucksack is more than that and I want the mechanics to work well. Also, although my wife doesn't follow fashion, she appreciates style, and good design is important to her. I want to get her something she'd be comfortable being seen with.
Some of the 4 wheelers have pivoting wheels so steering is easier, and they swap between 2 and 4 wheel modes, but I think that a 2 wheeler might be best in terms of storage and on uneven pavements. Willing to have my mind changed on that though.
Something that's the absolute antithesis of that. She's a 40yo yummy mummy, not an 80yo granny.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
View attachment 503100

It's actually a bit darker in real life, kind of a plum colour but this camera is a bit 'dynamic' unless you fiddle with the settings
Thanks. I take it that's got solid wheels rather than tri-spoke? (The tri-spoke being the larger version)

At the moment I'm inclined towards this one which has the foldable 2 wheeled chassis and a recycled bag. The designs are a bit plain, but considering the idea is that we want to shop at the zero waste shop to reduce our plastic footprint, recycled seems the way to go.

https://www.rolser.com/en/1398-shopping-trolley-rolser-eco-pep-2-wheels-foldable.html

Levo-Lon

Guru
Having a baby and a toddler is a challenge when you need a arm free to pull the trolley.
She has my sympathy..I know my kids struggle shopping with the baby and a 5yr old.
It's hard work when you ditch the car

D

Deleted member 1258

Having a baby and a toddler is a challenge when you need a arm free to pull the trolley.
She has my sympathy..I know my kids struggle shopping with the baby and a 5yr old.

We were car free for over 30 years, got our first one in 2012. If you've not had one you don't realise how easy a car can make things.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's hard work the way that young kids manage to pull and dangle and dawdle and swing on your arm. The thing is, they're relying on you to be stable, so if you lose concentration and stop noticing what they're doing, they hit the deck. My wife ends up taking the car even for short journeys simply because it takes so long to cover any sort of distance. I put her on my shoulders on the way to school but you can't do that with a baby in a sling as well.

We've tried her on a balance bike and a scooter but she hasn't really taken to it yet, which is a shame. I'm sure she will eventually.

D

Deleted member 1258

Something that's the absolute antithesis of that. She's a 40yo yummy mummy, not an 80yo granny.

We were using a similar one up until 2012 when we got our first car, in fact we've still got the last one we had, it's in the shed. Whats this talk of yummy mummy's and grannies? you asked for shopping trolly suggestions and I've given one, where do mums and grans fit in?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks. I take it that's got solid wheels rather than tri-spoke? (The tri-spoke being the larger version)

At the moment I'm inclined towards this one which has the foldable 2 wheeled chassis and a recycled bag. The designs are a bit plain, but considering the idea is that we want to shop at the zero waste shop to reduce our plastic footprint, recycled seems the way to go.

https://www.rolser.com/en/1398-shopping-trolley-rolser-eco-pep-2-wheels-foldable.html
That looks very similar, like I said Maz has had hers for 4 or 5 years and it gets used a couple of times a week.

OP
OP
winjim

winjim

Smash the cistern
We were using a similar one up until 2012 when we got our first car, in fact we've still got the last one we had, it's in the shed. Whats this talk of yummy mummy's and grannies? you asked for shopping trolly suggestions and I've given one, where do mums and grans fit in?
She would appreciate something with a more modern design is all.

Top Bottom