1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shorts yet????

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 22 Apr 2008.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

It looks like a nice day out there...I'm undecided as to what to wear...longs or shorts....hmmm....I look goooooood in both so this isn't a fashion dilema....will it rain, will I sweat like a pig....will granny on her basket bike show me up...will the ground open up and swallow me if I am the only one still out there in longs....dam...I wish it was raining!;):

2. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Get the shorts on you nesh bugger ;)

3. PatrickPending

PatrickPending Veteran

shorts for commuting for me for 5 degrees celcius or higher. Mind you my commute is quite far and I can get rather warm

4. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i wear longs all year round unless it's really hot. i don't do the leg shaving bit.

5. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I'm still in longs but it's getting close to giving the knees an airing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Maz

Maz Guru

Hehe. Long time no hear that word. Are you from Sheffield-ish?

7. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Leg shaving?????????????????......hmm....apart from the obvious sexual kink why would anyone do that,erm, apart from the ladies i mean

8. Mort

Derbyshire actually. The accent and vocabulary are pretty much the same though.

9. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

Padded undershorts/cycling shorts under knee length baggier ones.

Been like this for the past week (obviously only when cycling though, and I have taken them off to wash them etc.).

It's been a bit chilly for a couple of mornings, but after a mile or two it's fine.

10. Maz

Maz Guru

I've been in baggies this week.
    I was wearing longs before that.

11. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Living in Scotland as I do, I follow a well established routine. Longs for 364 days of the year. Then, usually in July or August, we have 'Summer day'. This is the day of the year that is the closest approximation to what the southerners call Summer. On that day, and that day only, I wear shorts - at least until the wind picks up. When I get back from my ride I take the shorts off, wash them and place them lovingly in the drawer, ready for next year.

12. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

3/4 for the last month or so..... sort of getting ready for shorts....

13. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Longs for me - don't shave the legs anymore - hairy logs OK in baggies but not lycra.

Cracked the road bike out today for the commute - 10 hilly miles in and 20 home I think....really nice out now !!!

14. Mort

pardon? ;)

15. walker

walker New Member

I've been wearing shorts for hte last month or so