Shorts yet????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Had my longs on this morning on the way to work, but just my shorts and long sleeve top on the way home. I was still a bit too warm coming home. Going out again tonight for a quick 30 miles, hope it is still a bit warm.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
mondobongo said:
You cant wear lycra shorts with hairy legs it looks silly.

Surely that is part of the charm though (I said hopefully).

Winter longs on, and four upper-body layers!
It's been -2 at 6:00 the last two mornings, but cycling home in the afternoon, it's about +15.
Have to take a bag just for a change of clothes.
Looking forward to getting my CC shorts/bibshorts soon! And hot weather.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Glorious this afternoon - no shorts though - bib longs and a under layer plus long top - Road bike - so knocked 20 miles on the way home rather than 8, and have found a reasonable extension to my morning commute to hit the magic ten miles without hitting a load of traffic. 30 miles commute today !

Joe24 said:
Yep.
I had my new shorts on. First time out in lyrca shorts.:biggrin:

Probably painful Joe - untwist them next time :biggrin:

I bought 3/4 bib shorts in a lbs sale last year, they're too warm for summer but with what protective label 'zero wind' they've been ideal for the autumn/ winter/ spring. However, for slower rides I've been wearing full length baggies and for really cold days I've wore overtrowsers on top.

most definitely shorts weather down in Hampshire. Set off at just gone 3pm in bib short with a coolmax vest and short sleeved cycling top, started to get a bit chilly towards the end of the ride (43 miles:biggrin::biggrin:). I did take a windproof just in case. Cracking ride out to Privet most happy and knackered now!!

Windy

Plax

Guru
I've been thinking about getting the shorts out, even if it is just to wear them on the ride home. I've got to the stage where I don't wear my fleece jumper anymore and have got my thinner jacket out and am wearing short sleeved tops and not the long sleeved tops along with my Ronhill Bikesters.
Today I progressed to not wearing my jacket and cycling home in my short-sleeved top. It was lush and I wished I had shorts on instead on my bikesters.

The only problem I have is, being of the feminine persuation, I really do have to shave my legs if I wear shorts. No good if you wax your legs, as you need to get a fairly good length of leg hair for an effective leg wax which takes time to aquire. If you shave them however, you get horrible stubbly legs within days. Oh decisions, decisions!

Top Bottom