Should I report this guy? (vid)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Report it mate definately!

Some may say you should have signalled etc. But equally he should of been reading the road ahead, approaching a hazard on his left (parked car) with other traffic around, totally shocking could have killed you!

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Good grief! That was appalling. Report it for sure.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
..saying we should signal around parked cars is a little daft imo. I never see motorists signal around a parked car, and there are those on here who moan that we should "behave like traffic".

Mind you I wonder, if 'hornet had stuck his arm out - if it would have been taken off by said lorry. ;)

Glad you're alright!!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
If you intend to pull out and have traffic behind you then you should really signal your intentions.
'Cars don't do this' is a poor excuse and doesn't do anything for you communicating to the traffic around you which, the OP aside, could well be to the benefit of your safety.

getfit

The driver is dangerous and a road bully, although hard to judge his speed, he was going to fast for the road ahead, i.e. you, parked car, car coming the other way etc.

I do think you should report him however I think the reg on the Youtube title is wrong. FE 31 XJA would mean the lorry will be registered in 2031! Could it be 51 instead, this would make it a 2001 model. The lorry looks like an Iveco to me.

Regards

GF

Jake

i think if you had moved out sooner and held the line, you would have been squashed by him. Sometimes its safer just to let the idiot go by, even if it means having to slow down and stop.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
That said, is it just possible the tw@t literally didn't see you, while performing an obvious tight manouevre with the traffic coming in the other direction?
Either way, total tw@t. Report it for sure.

Terrible driving – good illustration of why you need to pay attention at all times when cycling!!

RE reporting it – doubt very much, from my experience, any action would be taken. If I were you, see if you can talk to a pc that cycles, they might take it a little more seriously. Give them a dvd of it or something easy to work with and they might just “have a word” with the driver and show him how dangerous his driving was from your point of view.

Good luck, and in my experience with HGV drivers, incidents like that are pretty rare thankfully.

Billloudon

You must report this!
It would be doing a misjustice to your fellow cyclist not to. He/she is quite literally getting away with attempted murder.
Please report it to the police and of course keep us informed.

Top Bottom