Should I ride tomorrow? If so, how far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Ah yes, Currys...did you open the box as they can be very awkward about taking back opened goods
Yes I did open it. I had to in order to find out I had been given the duff info.
It it however packed awayvery neatly.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How old do you need to be before your age dictates how far you ride?

I obviously missed this chapter in the cycling handbook.

When I was 53, I was doing a 100 mile audax ride when this happened...

ColinJ said:
There was a fast 14% descent off the hill and I was watching out for a right turn towards the bottom. I spotted another rider ahead of me whose positioning on the road told me that he was going to miss the turn so I accelerated hard and caught him just in time and shouted “Right turn here!” He wasn't able to make the turn but I slowed down and waited for him. He soon came back and joined me on the right road; we ended up doing the rest of the ride together.

He was an older rider who had just celebrated his 70th birthday. I had a long chat with him about the health benefits of cycling and how I'd love to still be riding my bike in my 70s, like him. He did long rides several times a week with friends who had retired at the same time as him.

Apparently, one of his clubmates is 85 and still gets a 50 mile ride in at least once a week. He cycles 25 miles to a cafe, sits there enjoying the company of his mates for an hour or so, then cycles home.
:bravo:

Oh, and the 70 year old kept upping the pace so I had to ask him to back off a bit because his navigator was struggling to keep up! :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom