Should my new bike frame look like this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bianchi1

Guru
Thanks all, bianchi1 have you a link to those photos. Going to sleep on it.

I just googled Rose CGF 3100 and had a look at some images. My Argon 18 has some uncovered carbon bits that look like it. You might grow to like it, after all it's different than most bikes you see out on the road and I think it looks great.

It's only a matter of time until someone drops something on it or it falls over and gets a huge scratch/scrape on it..then you can obsess about that:rolleyes:.

That's what normally happens to me.

bpsmith

Veteran
In the other thread, quoted above, you'll find that I initislly felt the same way about my Bianchi. Mine was mainly uniform with a few area similar to yours. As soon as I looked over it properly, the next morning, I fell in love with it.

Yours is uniformly random and I reckon it looks cool as a result. Enjoy!

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
Decision made, it's going back. Hope the return and refund is hassle free although they did say I would have to pay the postage, which is contrary to their T and Cs .

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Decision made, it's going back. Hope the return and refund is hassle free although they did say I would have to pay the postage, which is contrary to their T and Cs .
I'd have done the same, I think it looks crap. No matter that the colour doesn't make any difference to the ride and the quality of the bike if you hate looking at it you'll never enjoy owning it and two grand is a big investment. It's a bit like buying a Ferrari and being offered one in beige, you just wouldn't want it.

Drago

Legendary Member
Decision made, it's going back. Hope the return and refund is hassle free although they did say I would have to pay the postage, which contrary to their T and Cs .
Did you buy it online or over the phone? If its a distance sale you're entitled to return it under the terms of the distance selling regulations because you don't get the chance to inspect the goods like you would in a shop, and they have to pay the postage too. Don't let them fob you off, it's the law....

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
As said by some one earlier, Can't have a lot of second hand value.:whistle:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
That's a shame, but if you don't like it, you don't like it. Can you swap it for one of the shiny ones? Rose are great bikes. I'm very happy with mine, and no-one has ever commented on the finish other than to admire it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Try and look at in natural light and without a flash, you might not see the fibre differences. Can't say it's noticable in any of the club's UD finished bikes, or indeed any other Matt bike I've seen out and about.. If you look closely, then you'll notice.

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
Thanks everyone, it is shame as Ive been waiting over two months. Not ruling out another Rose, maybe the shiny red/black. Bit of a nightmare when I've been looking every day to see when delivery was, it's all packed up ready to go back and I'm now on the wine!!

Thanks all for the advice.

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
Try and look at in natural light and without a flash, you might not see the fibre differences. Can't say it's noticable in any of the club's UD finished bikes, or indeed any other Matt bike I've seen out and about.. If you look closely, then you'll notice.
I did look in the natural light, it looks crap. It's probably worse because it's not all over the bike it's in several sections, some parts just look like matte paint. Thanks again, helpful bunch on here.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I did look in the natural light, it looks crap. It's probably worse because it's not all over the bike it's in several sections, some parts just look like matte paint. Thanks again, helpful bunch on here.

Yeh, if you aren't happy it is a big issue. Worth having a poke about a few bike shops and seeing other frame finishes before selecting another. I love Canyons, but the UD finish might drive me mad.

Top Bottom