Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Get ye behind me Satan.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Get Thee behind me Simon

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Idai Makaya did London-Edinburgh-London on an Elliptigo. 1400km in 116 hours

Edit. So did Alan McDonogh http://www.elliptigo.co.uk/meet-idai-makaya/

And PBP 15

subaqua

What’s the point
When at uni, some scrott sack stole my saddle and I was too poor to get another so I did without for a while. I wouldn't recommend it from a safety point of view, but Wow! It was the best work out ever. Legs like a pro in no time.
Some git knicked mine a few months back . Yup was a great way of working the legs :smile:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I saw somebody this year who seemed to be touring on a kick bike on the A85 near Oban. Personally I prefer pedals but whatever floats you boat.

Venod

Eh up
What only the one brake

article-2339507-1A40EC9C000005DC-463_634x645.jpg

Ajax Bay

Guru
I've heard of someone doing a 400k Audax on an Elliptigo
Idai Makaya did London-Edinburgh-London on an Elliptigo. 1400km in 116 hours
Edit. So did Alan McDonogh http://www.elliptigo.co.uk/meet-idai-makaya/
The hardest UK audax completed on an ElliptiGO is the Mille Pennines: 1000+km and 13000+m of climb in <75 hours. Tim Woodier did it in less than 72 hours (an average speed of 14kph) - I passed him in Langholm. He passed me outside Carlisle.
Even longer, last year Stuart Blofeld completed the epic Wild Atlantic Way Audax cycling challenge (2100km in 7 days).
Point of order: an Elliptigo has pedals
Point of order rejected, citizen. ElliptiGOs have "foot platforms" - user manual via here.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Point of order rejected, citizen. ElliptiGOs have "foot platforms" - user manual via here.

I would say those 'foot platforms' are by definition a type of pedal, ie levers operated by the foot to propel the machine forwards.

Kickbikes/scooters/skateboards differ in that the foot provides forward motion through direct contact with the ground rather than via a drivetrain.

Tim Hall

I suppose you first have to come up with a definition of what you want to make attaching pedals to mandatory. You will then have to decide what function they will play and wether they can just be attached for decoration or have to have some function. Can they be operated by hand or will it be mandatory to operate them by feet only. If it is mandatory to use feet will persons only possessing one leg be able to use them. Then it will have to be debated and modified and after many years someone will ask what are we discussing and why. Bit like the EU ...

Etymologically speaking pedals have to be operated by feet. Hand operated "pedal things" will be paddles. Or manuals perhaps.

Top Bottom