Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Get ye behind me Satan.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Get Thee behind me Simon

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
7346F629-5DA3-4242-A0BA-95D1333B8508.jpeg

We need to end this scourge, of pedal less conveyances.

Tin Pot

Guru
simons_graphs_03.gif

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I often use pedals myself but am anti compulsion.:whistle:

I only use pedals because it stops my wife worrying about me when I'm out on my bike.

QFour

Regular
I suppose you first have to come up with a definition of what you want to make attaching pedals to mandatory. You will then have to decide what function they will play and wether they can just be attached for decoration or have to have some function. Can they be operated by hand or will it be mandatory to operate them by feet only. If it is mandatory to use feet will persons only possessing one leg be able to use them. Then it will have to be debated and modified and after many years someone will ask what are we discussing and why. Bit like the EU ...

hobby-horse-boneshaker-172.jpg

Progress in 1819 .. You arrived knackered but not smelling of HORSE .. Also cheaper to keep and alway available.

MikeG

Guru
[QUOTE 5040152, member: 43827"]....There is a man with one leg who cycles in our city. No pedals and he'd struggle. Two pedals would be superfluous.[/QUOTE]

Only one of them would be.......;)

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The modern options are the kickbike
2013-03-15180140_zps84f8f5e8.jpg
(with apologies to Steveindenmark on the CTC forum)

or the Elliptigo
800px-Eliptigo_McGowans_Pass_jeh.jpg

Some Finnish chap called Alpo did Paris-Brest-Paris (750 miles on a 200 miles per day time limit) on a kickbike, and I've heard of someone doing a 400k Audax on an Elliptigo

Top Bottom