Shoved off bike by double decker bus !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nebulous

Guru
My daughter had a very modest coming together involving a Range Rover with her first car. She hoped to settle the bill herself to avoid impacting her insurance. Repair to the Range Rover, less than £300. Two days hire of a Range Rover around £700. So she had to go through insurance. Lesson learned, but it left quite a bad feeling.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Ooer whats going on ?? I tried using Vikes post to reply to, it kept inserting my reply IN his quote.

Anyway Vike...my thanks to your colleagues. Its sometimes a bit iffy for the Police, one mans word etc etc, i guess thats why sometimes cyclists come away feeling the Police didnt take them seriously, but nothing but praise for your colleagues at Thorpe Wood.

Actually, i will PM you Vike, just a quick question :thumbsup:

doctornige

I might add that while we know the driver was a tit, I sympathise with gbb in his disquiet about the guy's job. I once reported a very strange 1-car crash outside my house. Turned out to be a drunk driver. A drunk FIREMAN driver. I know that the report was justified, but I felt a little sick about the unforeseen consequences.

Linford

My daughter had a very modest coming together involving a Range Rover with her first car. She hoped to settle the bill herself to avoid impacting her insurance. Repair to the Range Rover, less than £300. Two days hire of a Range Rover around £700. So she had to go through insurance. Lesson learned, but it left quite a bad feeling.

The C class merc hire car in my post was charged at £39 per day to the insurance co, they in turn charged the other side £139 per day - a good incentive to bugger around and string it out, and the repair co's are complicit with it :sad: . Once you take the car on, you are bound to hang onto it until they hand your back if you can't do without a car.

Top Bottom