Show me your Polestar.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
They ain't the world saver everybody thinks they are. If you buy one, thinking that you are doing your bit to save the planet, then you've swallowed the hype regarding their 'greenness'.
I'll stick with my 17 year old diesel - it's carbon footprint is probably far lower than a new Tesla.

Yes, surely it’s better to run an existing car into the ground, then scrap it before replacing it, the carbon footprint of these things is shocking, and it’s not just fumes from the exhaust, there’s particles from tyres and brake pads for starters, and all your doing is moving the fumes into someone else’s back yard by having your exhaust fumes come out of the the power station, not the car

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Electric cars aren't 'green'.
It's a lie that's swallowed by virtue signalling tree huggers.

No car is but most people seem to 'need' them to complete their chosen lifestyle.

1654813478182.png

presta

Guru
I'm not much impressed with this:
1654813737581.png

It looks like they finished designing the car, then thought "Oh, where are we going to put a screen....I know, nip down to PC World and fetch a tablet..."

Just like the A10, finish designing the plane then realise you've forgotten the engines.
1654813999402.png

Last edited:
Yes, surely it’s better to run an existing car into the ground, then scrap it before replacing it, the carbon footprint of these things is shocking, and it’s not just fumes from the exhaust, there’s particles from tyres and brake pads for starters, and all your doing is moving the fumes into someone else’s back yard by having your exhaust fumes come out of the the power station, not the car

All cars have tyres.
EVs use the motors for braking more than the actual brakes. I think I use mine once or twice a journey.
And 100% of petrol is fossil fuel. I think the grid is about 30% renewables and increasing each year.

But walking and cycling are better than any car whatever powers it.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
What abou
All cars have tyres.
EVs use the motors for braking more than the actual brakes. I think I use mine once or twice a journey.
And 100% of petrol is fossil fuel. I think the grid is about 30% renewables and increasing each year.

But walking and cycling are better than any car whatever powers it.
There isn't the capacity within the electricity generating industry to service the demand from electric cars once they become more than a niche market. They will have to build loads more power stations if everyone converts to electric. Renewable wouldn't cope with demand.
"100% of petrol is fossil fuel"
Really?
What about bio Ethanol?
What about Bio Diesel?

icowden

Veteran
Think I prefer the look of them to the Tesla, sure it will be a great car.
I still like the VW id3 though, maybe one day...
All good cars. My difficulty with the Polestar 2 is that it roughly the same price as a Tesla 3 with enhanced autopilot and a little bit less than a Tesla with full self drive and therefore offers much less functionality. It has some odd design choices too like the gear stick. Why make a gear stick for a car that doesn't need a gearstick?

ID3 and 4 are also great cars, but none of them can hold a candle to Tesla at a technical expertise level.

Nibor

Bewildered
I'm not much impressed with this:
View attachment 648363
It looks like they finished designing the car, then thought "Oh, where are we going to put a screen....I know, nip down to PC World and fetch a tablet..."

Just like the A10, finish designing the plane then realise you've forgotten the engines.
View attachment 648366

Slightly off topic but the A10 is designed that way so if it takes a hit from a heat seeker it loses an engine and flys home

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
140k? Blimey I would not have guessed anywhere near that. Now where's that thread about "what has priced out of your budget...."
Back to the Polestar though: I like the shape. I think I usually see them in white. Never seen the interior though.

Configure away from £139k...

https://www.polestar.com/uk/polestar-1/

A lot of money for a Volvo.

figbat

Slippery scientist
They ain't the world saver everybody thinks they are. If you buy one, thinking that you are doing your bit to save the planet, then you've swallowed the hype regarding their 'greenness'.
Care to offer some insights to back up this claim?
I'll stick with my 17 year old diesel - it's carbon footprint is probably far lower than a new Tesla.
How certain are you that this is true? Also bear in mind that your diesel emits CO2, NOx and HC emissions everywhere it goes (into towns, past schools, in the countryside) and it rarely - if ever - operates at its peak efficiency. Plus have you seen the price of diesel? :ohmy: There's a forecourt near us with it currently at 199.9p/litre.

mustang1

Legendary Member

I hear ya. But most people dont give acral about environment; they just dont want to pay high fuel prices (not implying OP is/isnt buying for reasons of environment).

Top Bottom