Show us yer BBQ kit, food, and share recipes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

I read this thread while eating super noodles. Practically in tears now.

Here we are.. Just sit by this for a bit, and be thankful you don't have a greasy skillet to deal with in the mornig. :okay:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Steak and sausage nite yesterday 😃 Reverse seared the tomahawk steak, served with authentic Brazilian sausages a mate from work gave me and roasted garlic and rosemary spuds

jayonabike

Couple of cooks from the last few days
Greek style boned and butterflied leg of lamb on the rotisserie with garlic and rosemary spuds, flatbreads & a simple salad with a yoghurt & mint dip

Baby back ribs on my smoker. 5 hours on a low heat and the meat fell off the bone

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News

jayonabike

That looks incredible :becool:
Thanks

jayonabike

This weekend’s offerings
Saturday evening was cote de boeuf again. Me and the wife do love this and I do it quite often. Cooked ‘dirty’, seared directly on the coals with homemade chimchurri sauce and chips

Sunday lunch was ribs and chicken, macaroni cheese homemade coleslaw and charred lettuce

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Lots of top notch barbieing in this thread.

I am particularly impressed with the meat handling of @jayonabike, his butchery, preparation, and cooking are all highly skilled.

Marinating meat always makes me nervous.

I doubt anything would go badly wrong, but I always worry I might create a food poisoning situation.

jayonabike

Thanks @Pale Rider that means a lot 🙂
My dad was a butcher for many years and then a restaurant owner/chef. I learnt from him, I used to love watching him butchering meat and he taught me to respect meat and treat it right. The animal gave its life up for us to eat so it’s the least we can do.
I also trained as a chef for a few years many moons ago and worked in a couple of different types of restaurants. Part of me wishes I’d stayed in the trade.
I love cooking with meat, especially on the bbq. The fire is in control and it’s a beast to tame but when you do the results are amazing.

Gunk

Guru
My dad was a butcher for many years and then a restaurant owner/chef. I learnt from him, I used to love watching him butchering meat and he taught me to respect meat and treat it right. The animal gave its life up for us to eat so it’s the least we can do.
I also trained as a chef for a few years many moons ago and worked in a couple of different types of restaurants. Part of me wishes I’d stayed in the trade.
I love cooking with meat, especially on the bbq. The fire is in control and it’s a beast to tame but when you do the results are amazing.

you are a legend, my wife can’t believe how well you eat!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

Thanks for the explanation.

I was brought up on a farm.

There is a relationship with the animals which most townies do not understand.

In your case, it looks like a natural aptitude finessed by some formal training enables you to produce food which would grace any restaurant table.

Pity only you and the wife get to enjoy it, but it's better that than you don't cook at all.

Based purely on what I see on the telly, your food is reminiscent of what's produced in some areas of America.

They cook meat heavy in your face dishes, which are of the highest quality of their type.

Not for everyone and certainly not for every day, but a real treat for a meat eater.

This thread also demonstrates some keen amateurs are not far below your standard.

Top Bottom