Show us yer BBQ kit, food, and share recipes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
First attempt at the reverse sear. Really pleased with the result, never tasted a steak like it. So juicy, and tender. I like it a little pinker, when I took it off to rest the internal temp was 53 degrees, next time I’ll take it off at 48/49 degrees and see what that’s like.
Served with garlic mushrooms, asparagus, tomatoes & chips. View attachment 521195
View attachment 521196

View attachment 521197

View attachment 521198

View attachment 521199
Hi Jay, where did you get the thingy the Mushrooms are in?

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I ordered some rubs and sauces as well as restaurant grade charcoal from
https://angusandoink.com/
Should up my bbq game a bit 🌶🔥🥩👍🏻
View attachment 521875

View attachment 521876
The Cobbing fraternity rate that coal highly....

SGG on a bike

My meatball sub
I baked some baguettes this morning with this in mind. Half pork & beef meatballs with fennel seeds, chilli flakes & oregano. The sauce is garlic, chilli passata and parsley. It needs mozzarella but I didn’t have any and as I’m on 12 week lockdown burger cheese was all I had. Started by making the sauce over direct heat then moved it over to brown the balls. Moved them over to finish cooking and toasted the baguette. Put it altogether and gave it a few minutes to melt the cheese.
Can’t wait to make these again it was bloody lovely! View attachment 522072
View attachment 522073 View attachment 522074

There‘s some nice bbq skills going on there. Do you do much in the way of Low and Slow, or have you not tried that yet?

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Steaks and dauphinois spuds nearly ready

SGG on a bike

You won't go far wrong with a Kamado. Temp control is excellent and they're pretty easy on fuel usage too. I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Depending on the cut you're smoking, don't get too hung up on doing everything at 225f. Every smoker has it's own sweet spot around that temp (usually a little higher), so I find it's best to just roll with it. I have several smokers and they all like to sit happily at different temps.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
You won't go far wrong with a Kamado. Temp control is excellent and they're pretty easy on fuel usage too. I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Depending on the cut you're smoking, don't get too hung up on doing everything at 225f. Every smoker has it's own sweet spot around that temp (usually a little higher), so I find it's best to just roll with it. I have several smokers and they all like to sit happily at different temps.
Expect a few newbie questions in a couple of weeks!

SGG on a bike

It's easy, that's the beauty of it. I can certainly provide some rubs/recipes though. Happy to help if I can, so feel free to ask away. You can do a pretty good low and slow in your kettle though. My weapon of choice for grilling is a Dancook 1400, which I've built into a 5ft stainless catering table. It's also very good at lower temps for smoking and can hold a full packer Brisket up to around 7kg. Smoker wise, I have an old offset cabinet (wood fired) which is about the size of a double oven. It's ok, but the steel is a bit thin, which ,makes temp control a challenge. The "proper" gear is a Green mountain Grills Daniel Boone pellet smoker, which is brilliant for set and forget smoking, especially overnight cooks and for work, I have a BBQ Mates trailer mounted reverse flow offset. It's hard work (two splits every 40-50 min), but for flavour, none of the others come close, plus it can churn out vast quantities of food.

jayonabike