Show us yer BBQ kit, food, and share recipes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We always cook our turkey in the smoker outside at Christmas, not the easiest of tasks managing the burn at a stable temperature for long periods but it does cook it well.

This year is was slightly more challenging though.....

Went on the 24th Dec to the butchers to collect the turkey, the butcher almost hid as he saw me approaching and i started to wonder if he'd forgotten to order the bird:sad: As i got closer he shouted to his colleague to fetch the large turkey in from the cold room, at this point he leaned over the counter and said remember you ordered an 8kg bird, well i ordered a 9kg bird and in fact what turned up is a +13kg bird that after stuffing is now 15.60kgs:wacko: his mate in the back came out of the cold room with what he shouted as "the dinosaur" on a trolley, it was a tad big.....

As said it was a long 9.5hr burn and the damson and cherry wood penetrated the meat very well, it certainly was a "smokey turkey" all 34lbs of it:ohmy:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
We always cook our turkey in the smoker outside at Christmas, not the easiest of tasks managing the burn at a stable temperature for long periods but it does cook it well.

This year is was slightly more challenging though.....

Went on the 24th Dec to the butchers to collect the turkey, the butcher almost hid as he saw me approaching and i started to wonder if he'd forgotten to order the bird:sad: As i got closer he shouted to his colleague to fetch the large turkey in from the cold room, at this point he leaned over the counter and said remember you ordered an 8kg bird, well i ordered a 9kg bird and in fact what turned up is a +13kg bird that after stuffing is now 15.60kgs:wacko: his mate in the back came out of the cold room with what he shouted as "the dinosaur" on a trolley, it was a tad big.....

View attachment 567213

View attachment 567215

View attachment 567216

View attachment 567217

As said it was a long 9.5hr burn and the damson and cherry wood penetrated the meat very well, it certainly was a "smokey turkey" all 34lbs of it:ohmy:
Cracking job sir!🔥

jayonabike