Show us your MTB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
gone is the bare ground, so before I bust something ... finally got around to mounting the 2" studded tires
P1140174.JPG

P1140171 (2).jpg

P1140171.JPG

while I was at it I realized the 3 bolts holding the plywood rack on, were loose. 2 tightened up OK but the one in the middle needed a cpl washers & a nut. gave it another thin coat of polyurethane too. brushed a little on the new washers & nut too
P1140175.JPG

P1140176.JPG

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Über Member
What size wheels? Aluminum or carbon. I'm getting up in years and have been thinking about a new bike that will treat my aching joints kindly. I could see this frame in aluminum, with coil over rear shock and a coil front fork. XT drivetrain and brakes. I love Konas. And this bike looks like the perfect ticket for the trails near my house.

Beespoke

23yrs of tying hubs & rims together
96115575_684731832285918_8771368892644720640_o.jpg

I would have countersunk the bolts into the plywood tho! :okay:
thanks, that would have been a nice touch! I was toying with the idea of using a hole saw & jig saw to cut out some voids to make it lighter. but was undecided about the pattern to use. but then thought that I wouldn't be able to make it look nice or that the effort wouldn't be worth it. plus I had already made a significant racket in the basement, just getting that far. I agree there's some potential there. I've seen some nice DIY wood racks & even baskets on the internet

Last edited:

Acekid

What size wheels? Aluminum or carbon. I'm getting up in years and have been thinking about a new bike that will treat my aching joints kindly. I could see this frame in aluminum, with coil over rear shock and a coil front fork. XT drivetrain and brakes. I love Konas. And this bike looks like the perfect ticket for the trails near my house.
Its a 29er, aluminium frame, its got xt rear mech and xtr shifter, went for new SLX brakes with uprated ice tech pads and rotors....

meanwhile, 43 days later ...
studded tires.JPG

it would be a 1st, if the MTB's studded tires get ridden only once this year. the hybrid has already been out several times in legit winter weather. had to search out the ice a cpl days ago w/ this bike & I found some. but once the ice is gone, we'll be back to the Riddlers pronto

Last edited:
Top Bottom