Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This hill is my nemesis, its "only" a cat 3 climb according to strava, I have managed to cycle up it but with several stops, I could manage to do it on my mtb but not on my current road bike gearing, 25%er and the s bends (little kink in Rowsley woods) is ridiculously steep. View attachment 57669
Never done anything like that, even the highest summit I tend to reach is only in the 500-550ft mark and thats a gradual climb bar a cat 4 toward the end, though I have done a few cat3's in that area.
This the cat4 http://www.strava.com/segments/3589092, there is another taking a different road.
This one of the cat3's http://www.strava.com/segments/2395715, mild in comparison

And the most annoying thing about today was I had calculated mileage to top 150 miles for the week first time since the beginning of Aug, only to find out I had calculated it on a rolling 7 day so I was 0.9 miles short, which to be honest compared with how I felt at the beginning of the week surprised me.

I was 0.86 miles short of 50 miles for yesterday's ride, but couldn't be bothered to cycle around the estate for it if that makes you feel any better :laugh::laugh:
I would have done that if it was 50 miles, this I thought i had calculated, even did another mile or so around the estate (well they think I am mad anyway), like yesterday I was determined to clock up the 70Km's but I had to do several loops ( I have two little 1/2 mile loops that I use if I am a little short for a distance, I know all the distance markers home), I had calculated I needed 34.5 miles so I did 35.17 so much for my maths.

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
I would have done that if it was 50 miles, this I thought i had calculated, even did another mile or so around the estate (well they think I am mad anyway), like yesterday I was determined to clock up the 70Km's but I had to do several loops ( I have two little 1/2 mile loops that I use if I am a little short for a distance, I know all the distance markers home), I had calculated I needed 34.5 miles so I did 35.17 so much for my maths.
Normally it would be over 50 miles by a mile or two, I decided I would borrow the 0.86 miles from one of those such days on this occasion, I promise to get it back the next outing:whistle:

Danny B

I am now working to clock up the miles after having my new Defy 1 for 5 weeks. Yesterday was 42 mile at 17.2. This is a relatively flat course and there was no wind. Pushing on for the first 50 in the next couple of weeks. And looking for my first 100 entry race spring next year.

stevey

Guru
Ok so a nice bike themed morning me and the O/H went to a not so LBS as she is wanting to upgrade from the red triban 3 she currently has. So after spending the best part of an hour in there she has set hers eyes on this
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/madone-21-h2-compact-2014-road-bike-ec041058 There price is £1000 but he has offered a reduced price of £720 we have a receipt saying so and a 1hour session bike fit thrown in.

Now is there any reason not to go for this offer i.e is it too good to miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom