Show us your.......newbie progress! [4 Sep 2012 - 4 Oct 2014]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@stevey its a compact enough said :laugh:.
Looks fine, if you like that sort of thing, had one of the tyres a couple of years ago I didn't find it great, but I had only just started riding really and they may have improved them.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Ok so a nice bike themed morning me and the O/H went to a not so LBS as she is wanting to upgrade from the red triban 3 she currently has. So after spending the best part of an hour in there she has set hers eyes on this
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/madone-21-h2-compact-2014-road-bike-ec041058 There price is £1000 but he has offered a reduced price of £720 we have a receipt saying so and a 1hour session bike fit thrown in.

Now is there any reason not to go for this offer i.e is it too good to miss?

Ooooh lurvly. Buy meeeeee pleaseeeeee

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Ok so a nice bike themed morning me and the O/H went to a not so LBS as she is wanting to upgrade from the red triban 3 she currently has. So after spending the best part of an hour in there she has set hers eyes on this
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/trek/madone-21-h2-compact-2014-road-bike-ec041058 There price is £1000 but he has offered a reduced price of £720 we have a receipt saying so and a 1hour session bike fit thrown in.

Sounds a great bargain. As long as she is comfortable on it. I think the Madone is the racier fit than the slightly more relaxed Domane.

stevey

Guru
Sounds a great bargain. As long as she is comfortable on it. I think the Madone is the racier fit than the slightly more relaxed Domane.

She def like it and the fitter said " Wont let the bike go until she is completely happy" i.e he'll change the handlebars,saddle,stem etc,etc i will try and get him to change the tyres too maybe to tubeless.

Simple matter now of convicing her about the money...:whistle:

Studley

This hill is my nemesis, its "only" a cat 3 climb according to strava, I have managed to cycle up it but with several stops, I could manage to do it on my mtb but not on my current road bike gearing, 25%er and the s bends (little kink in Rowsley woods) is ridiculously steep. View attachment 57669

Surprised you didn't graze your chin on that hill ! Must be great going down it though. :smile:

I upgraded from a T3 to a Fuji FInest 1.1 (ladies bikes) also from the same supplier. She will really like the bike. Once I got the hang of the different shifters, I much prefer them (not using the thumb) and I also much prefer the 10 speed compact to the 8 speed triple.... What cassette did she have on the T3? The one there is 12-30 on the compact... I went with an 11-32 for a lower bottom gear which was equivalent to the 11-28 on the triple of the T3... you may just need to consider that if you changed anything out off the T3... otherwise sounds and looks good. just check the sizing - Decathlon tended to over estimate the size needed ime, and I went from a 54cm T3 down to a 50cm frame from Fuji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom