Show us your.......newbie progress!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[ADMIN EDIT: Continued from original thread - here. :thumbsup:]

From sporttacks showing head/tail winds
upload_2014-10-4_14-2-12.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
TBH I don't know how I ever rode on those old 42/52 14-28 gears, I tried it once early this year and thought sod that, old frame modern 3x10 now lol, 30 yrs ago I could ride 90 miles and think nowt of it, mind you I probably weigh nearly double that what I did 30 yrs ago
Youth.

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
@Big_Dave It might but in general the winds are much less than they were on garmin, it will also show how much it rained on your ride again not sure how accurate it is, as in 21 Aug 2013 10mm of rain on a 53 mile ride.

upload_2014-10-4_14-47-43.png

Thats about an inch an hour, which is a lot, not had anything like it since, maybe subconsciously I decided not to ride in so much water after that.
Didn't realise about the page number.

Edit it was two rides
http://www.strava.com/activities/76452886
http://www.strava.com/activities/76504946

TBH I don't know how I ever rode on those old 42/52 14-28 gears, I tried it once early this year and thought sod that, old frame modern 3x10 now lol, 30 yrs ago I could ride 90 miles and think nowt of it, mind you I probably weigh nearly double that what I did 30 yrs ago
Checked up on the old Claud Butler I used years ago
50/36 chainwheel and 14/28 at the back (but the wheels were 27")

A thousand pages of 'newbie progress' :ohmy:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
@morrisman I know difficult to believe this thread has been going 2 years. I wonder what ever did happen to @Typhon
Yep.........shame when people disappear and you are left wondering if they are still ok or just got fed up with cycling. It does happen. It seems to be a hobby that either holds people for life or just for a year or two until they get fed up and move on to something else.

It's only about 3 degrees here again this morning and it's a thought to go out must admit. Will try a wee run though as tomorrow is rain and gale force winds.

Trevor_P

Looks like the new forest 100 is going to be a little longer for me than I thought. The OH wants the car for the day and thinks it'll be OK for me to cycle to and from the event from the cottage we are staying at for the weekend. It's 'only' an extra 18.8 miles.Need to talk her round methinks.

A thousand pages of 'newbie progress' :ohmy:
lets all just hope that by the time it gets to 10,000 that the font size has changed because 1000 is a smaller font than 999.
I can't see 9999 working very well, so just imaging the issues we will all be having in another 18 years time with 10,000! :laugh:
(hoping my maths is working on a Sunday morning...:whistle:)

Top Bottom