Show us your.......newbie progress!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
lets all just hope that by the time it gets to 10,000 that the font size has changed because 1000 is a smaller font than 999.
I can't see 9999 working very well, so just imaging the issues we will all be having in another 18 years time with 10,000! :laugh:
(hoping my maths is working on a Sunday morning...:whistle:)
I will probably not be able to see the screen by then anyway, so font size is likely to be the least of my issues. :laugh:

Yep.........shame when people disappear and you are left wondering if they are still ok or just got fed up with cycling. It does happen.

I spent yesterday afternoon fettling and servicing my bikes after a years absence from cycling, but i'm not really sure why i stopped ? it just gradually happened, but my bike is ready to go and i'm really looking forward to getting out on the bike today .. i've got a 9 mile route planned but if its going well i'l just add to my route and make it up as i go along

Mo1959

Legendary Member
@Mo1959 I think I have to get out most days to do the Eddy Merckx, though it stands @ 36Km a day.
Not sure I will bother much with challenges, although I wouldn't mind giving the Ride for Challenged Athletes one a go since it is actually raising money for a decent cause.

Got out this morning but it took until about mile 7 before my fingers warmed up. Just took it reasonably gently though and enjoyed the crisp air and the peace and quiet of a Sunday morning.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
lets all just hope that by the time it gets to 10,000 that the font size has changed because 1000 is a smaller font than 999.
I can't see 9999 working very well, so just imaging the issues we will all be having in another 18 years time with 10,000! :laugh:
(hoping my maths is working on a Sunday morning...:whistle:)
Lol...........I already zoom in to make the text bigger, and that's with reading specs I got off ebay. Really must go for an eye test and get proper glasses.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Drizzling and pretty cold out there at the moment.

Have got 24 mile route with 2851' of climbing sitting in my Edge and was raring to go last night.

Have lost motivation though due to crap weather.

The weather will clear up tauntingly at precisely 2.05pm when I sit down to watch Chelsea (hopefully) beat Arsenal! :laugh:

Well done to all of you who have gotten out, esp' those of you who have gotten out in bad weather. I'm a wuss and you're not!

Steady

Über Member
Think I may have lost my toes on this morning's ride! I forgot how cold my feet can get, I'm glad I turned around and went back for my full finger gloves though.

Trevor_P

First ride with arm warmers and winter trousers. 38.1 miles @ 64.5 ft/mile time not important, I was riding at 100 mile pace for me to see how I felt today. Couple of knee twinges and back still not healed properly. But I should be OK for the 100 next Saturday. Pleased with some of the hill PR's.

http://www.strava.com/activities/203522447

To be honest, I hadn't actually heard of Eddington until I saw @deptfordmarmoset 's sig line last year.
think that may be where I saw it as well, though possibly a while back..

just had a peep and of all my rides that are documented.. (CGOAB journal and since returning to the UK only...) I passed the 30,000km mark today - not bad for a tour and recovery from that injury!

Top Bottom