Show us your.......newbie progress!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Well early morning spin and time to see what London Rd can do off road. Part old route I know and part new.
Route all planned and uploaded to whahoo plus local knowledge so thought be just fine inc the a few new big lumps in the road to get up all part of the fun. Soon off the beaten track and greeted 1st my a pair of linnets then lapwings calling all round. A funny sort of electronic call which instantly sent be back to my 1st ever bike and a battery thing on the handle bar I had that made more or less the the same noise. I remembered too that the bracket went so my dad made a new one. Can still see it now dark blue Raleigh :smile: I loved that bike.

On I went back onto the back roads and into bandit county well Kirklees :tongue: then off road round the 1st reservoir and then onto the next. Picture time and a bit watching a pair of great crested grebes. Then off road paths for mile after mile with a few photos on the way and then pick up the back roads then home. Plenty of bike spotting too inc a couple fresh from Halfords ( you know what I mean) I did have a quick look and the yes the folks looked to be right. Even passed the road club ride I keep passing them on Sundays maybe a sign it's time to join. :rolleyes:

Went a bit off plan oh well never mind set out to do 30 miles this morning almost home and 30 had got to 38.
So no way was I leaving it at that so few spins round the block and 40 miles in the bag. The longest to date. :wahhey:

Even spotted the easter bunny wonder if he got his carrot?. I did also find one fellow cyclist in need of help but looked a bit too deep for my multi tool. :laugh:

Rides like this are what make all the tuff ones worth every mile now bring on 50 mile and more.

Attachments

• IMG_2864.jpg
    IMG_2864.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2859.jpeg
    IMG_2859.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2869.jpg
    IMG_2869.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2872.jpeg
    IMG_2872.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2873.jpeg
    IMG_2873.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2874.jpeg
    IMG_2874.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2877.jpeg
    IMG_2877.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 30

tom73

Guru
Really in need of a pick me up so early morning spin was the best place to start so following on from last week I did the same route again with a few little changes. The wet weather made for a bit more mud and a cleaning but well worth it blow away the bad week for sure. But it got better well waiting at a junction that marks the last leg home I thought let's just see so I went left and soon I was heading back out into the sicks and came back the other way with a little via a back rd near home which I've not done on a bike since I was a kid.

It worked 14 PR and I've just done my 1st 50 miles :wahhey: Boy i'm having so much fun I my feel it tomorrow but bring it on it's worth every bit.

tom73

Guru
Well what better way to unwind after work. 1st longer evening bike ride of the year nothing more than lambs, bird song and the odd passing cyclist for company. Oh and the 1000 and one green fly that got me. Just over 25 miles which brings up the 1000 miles this year :wahhey:One more ride or maybe 2 and and that's more than last year. Not too bad for just less than a year on two wheels. Now bring on the next 1000 :hyper:

tom73

Guru
A lovely day out with Mrs 73 just shows you can just potter along and still have fun. Just over 15 miles along the leeds liverpool canal not quite the distance we had in mind. But stuff happens anyway it was still a day out in the sun , fresh air and no cars to bother you. :smile:. The big thing though it was Mrs 73 longest ride to date and only the 3rd ride out this year. Way to go I say told you it would be ok :smooch:

Only rub being on way home a close pass as I moved out from parked cars the air did go a bit blue :whistle: and Mrs 73 almost taken out by a van over taking then cutting back in too close. We even survived a full on death look by a women with a pushchair who clock us sat in the door way of the train it's not like the bike space is for shock horror bikes. But stuff them we had a great day and are now planning even more.

Attachments

• IMG_3004.JPG
    IMG_3004.JPG
    366 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2998.JPG
    IMG_2998.JPG
    266.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2995.JPG
    IMG_2995.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    343.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2990.JPG
    IMG_2990.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3002.JPG
    IMG_3002.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 19

JhnBssll

Veteran
Great job :okay: Is that average heart rate accurate? :ohmy: 183 is my maximum heart rate, I'd certainly notice it if I averaged 181 for an hour and a half :wacko:

Top Bottom