Show us your.......newbie progress!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fitted the new Giant SLR 1 Carbon wheels and went for a spin to try them
2018_09_07_12.31.38.png

tom73

Guru
34 miles light weight me + light weight bike / high winds and riding out on the top's made it an interesting morning.
Bike's out in force today including whizzing pass the club run.
Missed out on taking top spot of the day on one segment by 1 second bloody wind :cursing: but still managed to bag 17 PR's though so will happily take that inc a number of hill climbs :smile:

tom73

Guru
33 miles this morning out on the top's not had chance for a week or two out that way. Midway joined by a Kestrel who looked to be going a lap of honour all for me as she hovered high over head. Turn's out i've begged 18 PR's along the way and for 3 of them i'm leading (well for today anyway) :smile:
But the best bit was seeing i'd hit mile 18 the magic number why ? Well I'm 4 months into cycling and today I've hit the 1000 mile mark :wahhey:

I've had blood , sweat and a few tears along the way but i've loved it. Every minute ? Well have I fairy cake's coming off at high speed and de-gloving most of my palm was not my best day and the 2 week's off from the bike was not much fun either. Have I still a lot to learn ? Sure I have but I'm up of that.

What I have learned is 1) I love being on two wheel's and the fun it bring's.
2) I'm a right bike tart. :becool:
3) I really do need N+1 ;)
4) I need a better plan to get my mate on two wheel's so I am not the only bike bore.
5) Can't get Mrs 73 to even think about drop's. She's more than happy on her Fx3.
6) The engine is in better knick than I thought still need's the odd fine tune.
7) Why did I not do this years ago ?
8) Carry on.
9) The dog's learned if I'm in Lycra he's no chance.
10) Birthday and Christmas now mean, what do you want for your bike?

tom73

Guru
It happen's , off day's happen. Just hold in and you will be fine. You may just have had one of the day's a work maybe or just a bit bushed all round. If it starts to happen more then maybe that is the time to think right what is happening here. Chalk it up as just one of them day's and get back in the saddle and prove all is well. You've shown you can do it after all. ;)

tom73

Guru
20 mile early morning ride 1st time in 2 weeks utter bliss 5 PR's not too bad given time out the saddle. But to the total plank in the Silver car who close pasted me at high speed any closer and I would not be writing this. Given that road is well wide enough for two car's on each side it's nice to know life mean's little to you. If I can give way to a horse rider on a very narrow rd on a steep hill this morning. Then why can't you do the same for me on a clear well wide straight road with nothing coming ?

Spoons47

72A7AEA4-1F61-4C2F-AF31-19FD0709B162.jpeg

This was my effort today, I was deliberately heading for slower flatter and longer so I’m pleased but I made a fatal mistake!! I saw something on YouTube by BikeFitAdvisor about keeping a straight wrist on drop handlebars. On the 4 rides that I have had on my 54cm Felt F95 I have had no numb hands, and shoulder and neck pain that I was getting from my 56cm bike has almost gone. All I have is a slightly sore lower back which eases quickly if I stop for 30 seconds. So from 5 miles on I found it very difficult to relax my shoulders which means I’m on the way to work and I’m Knackered lol. I need to stop Tinkering!! But difficult when you have the bug.
IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT. Going to see my fav Mechanic on Tuesday so will get him to check my fit.
Onwards and Upwards
Cheers All

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
Getting there slowly. I've really only got an hour/hour half to get a cycle in. Monday had a extra hour so went to my mums for a cuppa and back again. Started to Understand the gears better. Arse still sore but not as much lol View attachment 437312

Aaaah the old NI playgrounds..!

Keep at it mate! You will get stronger in no time..!

Miss my buddies there but not the weather..

Top Bottom