Show us your.......newbie progress!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
@welsh dragon still 60km toward the E.M. challenge. Only 119Km to do.

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
I'm now up to 76, I reckon I am 7-8 years away from hitting the 100 :laugh:
At this rate i will be happy to reach 50 in that time.:thumbsup:

moo

I really can't see me making my stage 1 tdf target by spring at this rate :ohmy:( maybe I'm just not trying hard enough.

I'd suggest focusing on hills rather than distance first, then build up the mileage in a few months. Once you've got the legs and cardio to climb, you'll be much more confident cycling further from home.

That route has 3 pretty big climbs by UK standards.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
So completed my first sportive 100 around 50 days after I started road riding and got my bike! 104 miles 5 hours and 56 mins @ 17.6 mph
https://www.strava.com/activities/203649707
Stopped three times on the planned rest stops for refuelling, went really well. Got an achey left knee from about 70 on and then the top of shoulders / bottom of neck started to hurt soon after, but to be expected I suppose! Biggest ride to date beating my 71 last week. Tagged on to a couple of experienced nice guys from Lowestoft who let me ride with them and didn't mind me taking advantage of their draft (I did spend some time at the front) but they helped me along a lot, so cheers Kev and Gerry! Overall very enjoyable day, early cold damp start but soon warmed up, it was great riding with other like minded bikers and especially in a close group of three. My bike held it's own well, didn't let me down, good gear changes etc (ventura cp50 from Argos for £400 in August) in a sea of much more expensive bikes so overall I'm well pleased with it. And if everybody pays up I've raised more than a couple of hundred quid for cancer research. Happy days.
image.jpg
Pic at the finish. Now I'm going to rest.......a lot.

Top Bottom