Show us your Raleigh?!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Here's my trusty steed... View attachment 527413

Recently bought as my first bike in many, many years and I'm loving being back in the saddle. I get the impression Raleigh isn't as trendy as some of the other brands on the market but I'm happy to be seen with mine ^_^. Never been much of a trend setter anyway :laugh:
Raleigh RXW Elite
I’ve owned an RX Comp for around 3 years - looks to be similar spec to yours. It’s been a great bike. I have a spare wheelset fitted with road tyres, rack and mudguard. It’s the most versatile bike I own.

Landsurfer

Veteran
My combo of old and new ..... love it .....

Veteran TT bike for a veteran rider.

Last edited:

Petalpower

Regular
I’ve owned an RX Comp for around 3 years - looks to be similar spec to yours. It’s been a great bike. I have a spare wheelset fitted with road tyres, rack and mudguard. It’s the most versatile bike I own.

I think it's fantastic :wub: I'm not an expert but there's nothing I can find to fault with it. I thought about putting road tyres on as it's mostly road's I'll be travelling on but I like your idea of a spare set of wheels. Would make changing back to knobblies easier if I should ever go off road at anytime. What wheels do you have as a spare set, if you don't mind me asking?

Oldfentiger

Veteran
I think it's fantastic :wub: I'm not an expert but there's nothing I can find to fault with it. I thought about putting road tyres on as it's mostly road's I'll be travelling on but I like your idea of a spare set of wheels. Would make changing back to knobblies easier if I should ever go off road at anytime. What wheels do you have as a spare set, if you don't mind me asking?
My RX Comp has disc brakes, so obviously I bought spare disc wheels. Fulcrum Racing Sport DB - nowt special tbh, but I got a deal on them ^_^

MntnMan62

Über Member
Raleighs are beautiful bikes. I used to have one when I was a kid back in the mid 1970s. It was a Raleigh Record. Not the Record Ace. Just the Record. I thought I'd see one here but no one seems to have one. It was a ten speed, gray and I rode it literally everywhere. Then one day it got stolen and I never saw it again. Oddly enough I can't seem to find pictures of the bike I had anywhere on the internet either. I'm beginning to think I imagined the whole thing. If that's true, then I have much bigger problems than I thought.

Gunk

Guru
Raleighs are beautiful bikes. I used to have one when I was a kid back in the mid 1970s. It was a Raleigh Record. Not the Record Ace. Just the Record. I thought I'd see one here but no one seems to have one. It was a ten speed, gray and I rode it literally everywhere. Then one day it got stolen and I never saw it again. Oddly enough I can't seem to find pictures of the bike I had anywhere on the internet either. I'm beginning to think I imagined the whole thing. If that's true, then I have much bigger problems than I thought.

I'm sure the Record was painted in the Team Raleigh red and black colour scheme

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The 'grey one' could be an Equipe, similar spec to the Record.
$_86.jpg

Gunk

Guru
I decided that my current road bike a BMC Team Machine was just bit too modern for my tastes, so I collected this early this morning.

It's a 2013 Raleigh Ti Team Replica

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/road-bikes/raleigh-ti-team-replica-review/

They've been on my radar for a while now as being of a certain age, I was mad on them back in 1980 when I was 15, the problem now is that they're either fake, dressed up, or very overpriced.

These were £2000 new, only 125 were made and they seem to pop on Ebay as unused bikes for around £1500, this was less than half that, but although it's in very nice condition, it was filthy and had some battle scars. I've managed to touch most of the chips and scratches in with VW Mars Red which is a close match.

As it's not a box fresh minter, I'm going to just enjoy it, it won't be a Sunday best bike, I fully intend to properly use it. I've already swapped the Brooks for my lovely titanium Selle Italia SLR and the next job is to change the bar tape for black Cinelli cork wrap which is my favoured tape.

I have quite a bit of Campag stashed away so I might upgrade the crankset and mechs for Record, but essentially the bike has a really nice spec and rides beautifully, so I may just leave it as it is. The star of the show is the wheelset, Record hubs laced onto Mavic Open Pro rims, they really are a thing of beauty.

Hope you like it, I know some can be a bit sniffy about these newer replicas, personally I just love it, it really is the best of both worlds!

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Über Member
I decided that my current road bike a BMC Team Machine was just bit too modern for my tastes, so I collected this early this morning.

View attachment 535526

It's a 2013 Raleigh Ti Team Replica

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/road-bikes/raleigh-ti-team-replica-review/

They've been on my radar for a while now as being of a certain age, I was mad on them back in 1980 when I was 15, the problem now is that they're either fake, dressed up, or very overpriced.

These were £2000 new, only 125 were made and they seem to pop on Ebay as unused bikes for around £1500, this was less than half that, but although it's in very nice condition, it was filthy and had some battle scars. I've managed to touch most of the chips and scratches in with VW Mars Red which is a close match.

View attachment 535527

View attachment 535528

As it's not a box fresh minter, I'm going to just enjoy it, it won't be a Sunday best bike, I fully intend to properly use it. I've already swapped the Brooks for my lovely titanium Selle Italia SLR and the next job is to change the bar tape for black Cinelli cork wrap which is my favoured tape.

View attachment 535530

I have quite a bit of Campag stashed away so I might upgrade the crankset and mechs for Record, but essentially the bike has a really nice spec and rides beautifully, so I may just leave it as it is. The star of the show is the wheelset, Record hubs laced onto Mavic Open Pro rims, they really are a thing of beauty.

Hope you like it, I know some can be a bit sniffy about these newer replicas, personally I just love it, it really is the best of both worlds!

View attachment 535529

View attachment 535531

View attachment 535532

View attachment 535533

View attachment 535534

View attachment 535535

Nice looking bike!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
it's just so smooth!

How does the ride quality of that frame compare to a Raleigh Royal in 531? I appreciate the Team Raleigh bike will probably have quicker handling, but is the comfort comparable?
I've come to regard my Royal 531 frame as the benchmark standard against which I compare the comfort of everything else I ride.

Top Bottom