Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Steel bars on a steel bike ^_^

IMG_20171023_080151448.jpg

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I came across this road today, and as I was on an appropriately framed bike I screeched to a halt for a photo
I7FbY0v.jpg

W3jl1ia.jpg

I then went home for lunch, and got thinking is there any Columbus Streets, Roads, Avenues etc? No, but there is a Columbus Courtyard over in Canary Wharf. The weather was fine so I changed onto another appropriately framed steed, and went and bagged that too. Note Columbus bike cap included^_^
llAzReF.jpg

3VxBy0p.jpg

According to google maps there is no titanium streets, roads, avenues etc in the UK, and neither is there any carbon fibre streets, roads or avenues either. So we win on the 'show us your steel..its real...estate'^_^

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I built a new Eddy Merckx over Xmas, but before I built that up I've done some tweaking to my steel rides. They are never normally all in full working order at the same time, but now they are so I'm posting them all together while they're all ship shape.
First up my custom Mercian Vincitore Special from 2010, my nice weather city bike
8zTA7cr.jpg

Its got some lovely lug work
5i5gaon.jpg

VcgLMh3.jpg

XD5GmGC.jpg

Next up my Denti Road Tech Five, my first road bike, bought the frame and built it up in 2009. Its in its 3rd incarnation now having rinsed through 2 sets of wheels, broken seatpost, broken bars and lots of chains, cables and brake blocks. Its been off the road for a while but it rides again. Again it has some lovely lug work and I've never seen another frame like this. I've got this set up with a semi-compact 52-36 chainset, all my other roadies are 53/39 so this is my bike of choice when it gets really hilly. The top tube, down tube and seat tube are all made from teardrop shaped gilco tubing.
lhXlUzr.jpg

RhvjwJA.jpg

rxSpdis.jpg

j7mKEjm.jpg

jeREMcF.jpg

I nicked the shifters from my Simoncini for my new Merckx build, so my Simoncini has had a revamp, now has new record shifters and some awesome looking yellow Shamals that look great. Another mile devouring, great looking bike.
ivCWGc3.jpg

ZqvdDWK.jpg

And now onto the sunny day shiny spangly disco glitterball bikes, Eddy and Brian. Brian gets lots of admiring comments and just encourages me to ride it like I stole it, an awesome fast machine, the pics don't do justice to the sparkly paint that looks deep enough to swim in. Eddy I have just finished building up over Chrimbo as a present to myself for cycling over 10,000 miles this year for the first time and can't wait to do some big rides on it in spring/summer.
WzwCA5d.jpg

0w0G1Ub.jpg

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I built a new Eddy Merckx over Xmas, but before I built that up I've done some tweaking to my steel rides. They are never normally all in full working order at the same time, but now they are so I'm posting them all together while they're all ship shape.
First up my custom Mercian Vincitore Special from 2010, my nice weather city bike
View attachment 389997
Its got some lovely lug work
View attachment 389998
View attachment 389999
View attachment 390000
Next up my Denti Road Tech Five, my first road bike, bought the frame and built it up in 2009. Its in its 3rd incarnation now having rinsed through 2 sets of wheels, broken seatpost, broken bars and lots of chains, cables and brake blocks. Its been off the road for a while but it rides again. Again it has some lovely lug work and I've never seen another frame like this. I've got this set up with a semi-compact 52-36 chainset, all my other roadies are 53/39 so this is my bike of choice when it gets really hilly. The top tube, down tube and seat tube are all made from teardrop shaped gilco tubing.
View attachment 390001
View attachment 390002
View attachment 390003
View attachment 390004
View attachment 390005
I nicked the shifters from my Simoncini for my new Merckx build, so my Simoncini has had a revamp, now has new record shifters and some awesome looking yellow Shamals that look great. Another mile devouring, great looking bike.
View attachment 390006
View attachment 390007
And now onto the sunny day shiny spangly disco glitterball bikes, Eddy and Brian. Brian gets lots of admiring comments and just encourages me to ride it like I stole it, an awesome fast machine, the pics don't do justice to the sparkly paint that looks deep enough to swim in. Eddy I have just finished building up over Chrimbo as a present to myself for cycling over 10,000 miles this year for the first time and can't wait to do some big rides on it in spring/summer.
View attachment 390008
View attachment 390009
Double phooar.

Brads

DSC_0584.JPG

Top Bottom