Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Owned two Longstaff trikes over the years. Some of the most fun you can have cycling, until you end up in a ditch that is... :smile:
Tell me about it :sad: I was thrown into a lamp post last year on a steep descent when I let my confidence get the better of me, I broke my scapula in 3 places shattered the shoulder socket and broke the top of the socket away completely requiring a couple of screws to re attach it :wacko: but as you say they are great fun :hyper:

Paul

tyred

Legendary Member
My almost timewarp Peugeot Pantera - all original apart from the tyres and brake cables. Sachs Huret indexed gears (which work like a dream). I've had it for ages but ride sparingly as I don't want to wear out the components. God knows where I'd find the right freewheel block to have the gears index properly. Apart from a few small marks on the paintwork and a slight ding in the back rim, it's pretty much perfect.

DSCF7139 (Copy).JPG
DSCF7107 (Copy).JPG
DSCF7119 (Copy).JPG
DSCF7128 (Copy).JPG
DSCF7113 (Copy).JPG

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Cross posted from the vintage section, here's my latest, my Columbus SLX 1989 Bottecchia Equipe. Seen here with regular wheels, and in its Sunday best wheels. Full Italian, apart from the pedals which are French-Look Deltas. Full Campagnolo, 20 speed, mostly Chorus,
8cLuoNt.jpg

zlqRrcg.jpg

I've recently made some changes to my Denti too, I am just waiting for some new bottles cages which should arrive tomorrow, so once they're fitted I'll post a pic of that tomorrow. That's it for me, no space for any more bikes.

betty swollocks

large member
Cross posted from the vintage section, here's my latest, my Columbus SLX 1989 Bottecchia Equipe. Seen here with regular wheels, and in its Sunday best wheels. Full Italian, apart from the pedals which are French-Look Deltas. Full Campagnolo, 20 speed, mostly Chorus,
View attachment 425335
View attachment 425336
I've recently made some changes to my Denti too, I am just waiting for some new bottles cages which should arrive tomorrow, so once they're fitted I'll post a pic of that tomorrow. That's it for me, no space for any more bikes.

You're quite a tall person?

20180807_152808.jpg

Also a cross post, cro-mo (it says) Claud Butler Urraco MTB. Apologies for it not being stood tidily against something!

Last edited:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@betty swollocks not especially, 6ft 1 inch or 185cm in modern money. I just favour frames on the small side. Finally Mr Postman arrived with my bottle cages, so here's my refitted Gilco tubing Columbus SL Denti, the first road bike I built up back in 2009. Its had a few incarnations over the years, the latest one sees new front derailleur, new tyres, I've changed the cable outers from white to black, new cables and a new seat post. Not a weight weenie bike but noticeably lighter than my other steel bikes, and the only one that doesn't have a 53/39 chainset, so its my go-to bike for really hilly days, or when I visit my folks in Wales.
BB3vgYj.jpg
SRXnKYw.jpg

EDIT: And I couldn't resist having a butchers at it wearing some more modern deep section wheels, seen here with some Shamal tubulars shod with the iconic Vittoria Open Pave's.
OlV3RaY.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom