Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hardisty arrival

IMG_20181102_124037458.jpg

Salar

A fish out of water
Nice, from my old Homeland, shop was just a mile or so from where I used to live.

simon.r

Person
I sold a Charge Juicer frameset exactly the same as this to @biggs682 a few years ago and regretted it almost immediately:sad:

So when another Juicer came up on eBay locally I bought it. It came with a tired 3 x 9 Tiagra / Sora grouoset. Fundamentally it was OK - nothing that a new chain and cassette wouldn’t sort out, but...

Planet X are currently selling theur Holdsworth Brevet bike with a 105 groupset, long reach brakes and Fulcrum wheels for £500. A plan emerged - buy the Holdsworth, transfer the bits to the Charge frame, sell what’s left over.

The result:

AEE8838F-6B4E-4EB1-8FEC-F36F3AEC5209.jpeg

Old frame and fork, new 105 groupset, Fulcrum wheels, 30mm tyres and mudguards.

A fantastic Winter ride.

(Brevet frameset has been sold, as have the wheels that came with the Charge. Other bits are ‘in stock’ in my garage and may or may not be sold in due course).

Please excuse the fugly stem arrangement, it’s a work in progress:okay:

65D22E28-09D1-41C8-A47D-4992B45E0200.jpeg

bigjim

Legendary Member
I sold a Charge Juicer frameset exactly the same as this to @biggs682 a few years ago and regretted it almost immediately:sad:

So when another Juicer came up on eBay locally I bought it. It came with a tired 3 x 9 Tiagra / Sora grouoset. Fundamentally it was OK - nothing that a new chain and cassette wouldn’t sort out, but...

Planet X are currently selling theur Holdsworth Brevet bike with a 105 groupset, long reach brakes and Fulcrum wheels for £500. A plan emerged - buy the Holdsworth, transfer the bits to the Charge frame, sell what’s left over.

The result:

View attachment 438432
Old frame and fork, new 105 groupset, Fulcrum wheels, 30mm tyres and mudguards.

A fantastic Winter ride.

(Brevet frameset has been sold, as have the wheels that came with the Charge. Other bits are ‘in stock’ in my garage and may or may not be sold in due course).

Please excuse the fugly stem arrangement, it’s a work in progress:okay:

View attachment 438433
What was the Brevet like to ride?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Latest bit of steel to arrive is this Paul Donahue .

IMG_20181127_205616460.jpg
IMG_20181127_205708229.jpg
IMG_20181127_205723433.jpg

Reynolds 631, mudgaurd eyes , oodles of Campagnolo and a patriotic paintscheme .

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Top Bottom