Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

My steel banger on the school run...

25spoic.jpg

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
My steel banger on the school run...

25spoic.jpg

Nice family transport DP - is the kids seat a bought jobbie or a home-made rack, I've not seen one like that before?

U

User169

3BM. I bought the seat on-line, although I've seen them in shops too. Not entirely sure whether or not it meets any safety standards! There aren't any seat belts, so I only use it for short journeys when I'm sure they aren't going to fall asleep.

More piccies here...

https://www.cyclechat.net/

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
3BM. I bought the seat on-line, although I've seen them in shops too. Not entirely sure whether or not it meets any safety standards! There aren't any seat belts, so I only use it for short journeys when I'm sure they aren't going to fall asleep.

More piccies here...

https://www.cyclechat.net/

Thanks DP. Hangs out the back of the bike a bit, I can't imagine my two staying still on that for long - quite fancy giving something like that a go though.

My new mixte: a Carlton Courette.:smile:

This is the "before" pic as I got it, yesterday. First changes I've made since the pic have been replacing the saddle with my Brooks B17S, and removing the suicide levers. Next up: new cables, tyres and bartape (because the black doesn't match the saddle any more :rolleyes: - oh, and the brake levers are a weird shape, so I want to move them up a bit). Planning to make this my new commuting/everyday bike and use my hybrid to snowbike/trailer-hauling duties.

Not sure yet whether to change to north road style handlebars - first instinct was to do so as I don't particularly like using drops in traffic, but have decided to ride it as-is for a while so I can work out exactly how I want to set it up.

Attachments

• IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    826.9 KB · Views: 104
My Holdsworth, built up last year from a NOS unbuilt 1980 frame!

P1020498.jpg

Marcellus, a rebuilt and renovated MBK

marcellus.jpg

And my Soma Smoothie looking dead moody! Real workhorse bike this, done lots and lots of miles!

Image2-1.jpg

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Peugeot Turbo

Just completed Winter/Renovation project of a 2001 Peugeot Performance. Columbus Aelle frame, 16 Speed Sora STI.

215139_10150341373216177_560751176_9740936_1758669_n.jpg

jim55

Guru
mine

016.jpg

006-1.jpg

005.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

and my commuter /bike i dont really care about

010-1.jpg

:thumbsup: