Show us your steel.....its real...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'll have it if you don't want it :smile:

+1 if Dan doesn't like the colour. Ultegra on that !! :thumbsup:

Muddyfox

Guru
Nice looking frame, but, Jesus, that stem!! Must only be about half an inch of it in the fork tube.

Thats not how he rode the bike .. being used to a tourer and MTB i put the stem up to have a test ride as i found it awkward being lower .. it'l probably end up in the for sale section as im not sure that i'l get the use out of it that it deserves

Foxy

Willo

Now added 700x28c tyres and Shimano SPD touring pedals for comfort

5987865905_075bc24072_b.jpg

I want.

p.s. I make no apologies for dragging the thread back to this. Having a browse through, as I'm eyeing up a steel frame for my next bike, and noticed this.

chugsy

£32 from EBay - purchased for town/shopping duties:

335552_10150464885345987_551260986_10500135_1671655765_o.jpg

Wouldn't trust my town to leave the main bike locked up:

256839_10150259866845987_551260986_8958161_5158445_o.jpg

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Guerciotti Record frameset from Planet-X. The weights quoted on the site are a little misleading as it appears a separate weight is given for the frame and for the forks. My frame, forks and headset weigh 2.05kg all in.

Very smooth riding - so much so that I can now use a bar-mounted cam at 1080p without vibration-induced rolling shutter effect.

John

guerciottibuild.jpg

HovR

Über Member
Finally got a picture which I think is worth showing off! It's a Dawes Echelon, I believe around 1980's ish. There is still a lot that could be done to pretty it up, but it's in full working condition. :thumbsup:

Dawes%20Echelon%202.JPG

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I sold the Peugeot a couple of weeks back and bought a Giant Defy 4 :eek: Got £165 for it. It wouldn't take mudguards as there was only 3mm of clearance under the fork crown

U

User169

Guerciotti Record frameset from Planet-X. The weights quoted on the site are a little misleading as it appears a separate weight is given for the frame and for the forks. My frame, forks and headset weigh 2.05kg all in.

Very smooth riding - so much so that I can now use a bar-mounted cam at 1080p without vibration-induced rolling shutter effect.

John

]

That's a beauty, John! I was very tempted by one of those framesets.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
That's a beauty, John! I was very tempted by one of those framesets.

At £269 it was a bargain - I ummed and aahed for a bit but took the plunge. The photo doesn't do it justice -it needs one taken in sunlight but that's in short supply here at the moment.

The paint finish, while basic, has very good depth and looks good quality. What was a problem was the internal finishing for the top of the seat tube, which was rough and the tube slightly closed up. This scratched the seatpost before I realised (just needed light sanding and the clamp expanding a little). Also, the seatpost bolt was the wrong size and wouldn't clamp the post when fully tight.

At a guess, at least some of these are NOS as the headset bearing grease had gone off and needed redoing.

Some of the Planet-X stock has now gone up in price and there is a bit of a different price here!

John

MrC

Just finished doing up an old Dave Quinn 531 I got off eBay. First one I've done, so got a bit carried away renovating it. Thanks especially to TOCycles for spraying the frame.
Took it for it's inaugural flight today and came back with a big smile on my face
It's a deeper red in real life...
P1020547.jpg

P1020544.jpg

Top Bottom