1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your Titanium....

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by potnoodle, 3 Jun 2010.

1. stumpy66

stumpy66 Über Member

Good to know, cheers

jowwy likes this.
  2. macp

macp Über Member

Whats that like on the road with the single cog up front. I was looking at the Marin gestalt 2 last night which has a similar setup which is why im asking.

3. jowwy

jowwy The bearded Powerhouse

not a clue yet as ive only recently built it........i was commuting this year on a single 36t upfront and 11/32 rear and it was really good and a simple set-up

so i had the 40t ring custom built in lithuania as its a 104bcd and then purchased the rear 11/42 from wiggle

4. macp

macp Über Member

Ah yes sorry you did say you hadnt ridden it yet. Would be interested to know what its like though.

5. Shadow

Shadow Über Member

Have intended to contribute for a while but have been prevaricating. Now with a new set of wheels, courtesy of fellow CC'er Spoked Wheels, the time feels right!

Enigma's new wheels 161017.JPG

Last edited: 25 Oct 2016
  6. jowwy

I cant see the image

7. Neither can I. But I know @Shadow 's Enigma and I have a good imagination. :tongue: :okay:

Shadow likes this.
  8. Shadow

Shadow Über Member

Weird, I do not understand (I can also see the image in your reply jowwy); will investigate later.
    3 hours later - I'm not much good at this techy stuff but have edited previous post #620 deleting original image and uploading thumbnail image. Is this working for you?

Last edited: 25 Oct 2016
    jowwy likes this.
  9. stumpy66

stumpy66 Über Member

I can see it now, couldn't earlier

10. Yup, I can see it too now. Lovely hoops!

11. Elybazza61

Elybazza61 Veteran

I've been running a single ring set up for a while on my non ti Planet X XLS(Hope 44t assymetric ring on Miche 110bcd cranks with XT mech and HG 11-34 cassette);it's been really good although I really need a tighter spread on the cassette as it's not that hilly round here.

macp likes this.
  12. jowwy

No way id run a 44 - 34 combo here in south wales. Legs would be in bits.

Having ridden it now i can honestly say its a great combo to ride, with super smooth gear changes through out the cassette. Theres also zero chainslap and the narrow wide upfront is really quiet. Will ride this combo on training rides through winter and then decide whether to go to a 42 or 44 upfront for the commute. I think that set-up with the wide range cassette could be golden even for club and social rides

macp likes this.
  13. Soltydog

Soltydog Guru

Mine again, after a few little tweeks :rolleyes:

full?d=1477654813.jpg

Attached Files:

Shadow, bonsaibilly, afl2 and 6 others like this.
  14. craigwend

craigwend grimpeur des Holderness

New wheels?

15. Soltydog

Soltydog Guru

maybe :okay:

craigwend likes this.