Show us your touring setup!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Haven't seen a thread like this here goes.

I'll kick off with my bike getting ready for an overnighter tomorrow night.

Sleeping bag and sleeping Matt fill one pannier cooking gear and clothes in the other.

Attachments

• IMG-20230506-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20230506-WA0009.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 24

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Nice - love the forks (non-original?); although the QR lever position made me a bit sick in my mouth :tongue:

As I'm sure you're already acquainted with; my Touring by name, shopper by nature:

12x8_IMG_6732a.jpg

Would love to tour on it one day, but for now I'm too much of a disorganised nancy..

Julia9054

Guru
I used to tour with panniers. I’d put the rack from my commuting bike onto my best bike because it was more fun to ride. Here is my set up from 2019

F310E689-9169-4CB9-A3CB-C3909DFC17D7.png

I gave that rack to my youngest for their bike and bought a bontrager one for last year. I think the centre of gravity must have been a bit further back because it was like trying to steer a cross channel ferry.
For this year, I have treated myself to a “rackless” set up to distribute the weight more evenly. Frame and bar bag from Restrap and saddle bag from Arkel which I was lucky enough to get second hand on eBay as nowhere stocks them in the UK any more. Will be using the new set up in the Netherlands at the end of May.
3EDBFC4A-7A7A-4EC7-9E0D-9092C0468635.jpeg

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
Nice - love the forks (non-original?); although the QR lever position made me a bit sick in my mouth :tongue:

As I'm sure you're already acquainted with; my Touring by name, shopper by nature:

View attachment 688484

Would love to tour on it one day, but for now I'm too much of a disorganised nancy..

Possibly non standard forks, my mate has same bike but carbon forks?

QR needs adjusting and the chain isn't even over the cassette.

We should do a little tour sometime how about Oxford to Dorset?

chriswoody

Legendary Member
There's already a couple of older threads on this:

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/lightweight-touring-kit.276481/

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/loaded-cycles.277253/

However, no harm in posting more!

Here's my Gravel bike set up for a tour:

P1010270.JPG

Here's the mountain bike set up:

P1010754.JPG

Both set ups include full camping gear as well as warm clothes/food and nearly 2 litres of water. Both are about 20kg fully loaded including the weight of the bike.

Haven't seen a thread like this here goes.

I'll kick off with my bike getting ready for an overnighter tomorrow night.

Sleeping bag and sleeping Matt fill one pannier cooking gear and clothes in the other.
Good for you! Hope you have a great time!

I think my trusty steed is probably over-represented on these pages so I'll give you all a break.

This timesink on CGOB has bazillions of all different kinds of bikes and setups for touring in all kinds of places. Back in the day I lost many an hour ogling and whatever the opposite of ogling is.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I used to tour with panniers. I’d put the rack from my commuting bike onto my best bike because it was more fun to ride. Here is my set up from 2019

View attachment 688485
I gave that rack to my youngest for their bike and bought a bontrager one for last year. I think the centre of gravity must have been a bit further back because it was like trying to steer a cross channel ferry.
For this year, I have treated myself to a “rackless” set up to distribute the weight more evenly. Frame and bar bag from Restrap and saddle bag from Arkel which I was lucky enough to get second hand on eBay as nowhere stocks them in the UK any more. Will be using the new set up in the Netherlands at the end of May.
View attachment 688488

Its funny how trends change so quickly. T

Julia9054

Guru
Not really trends. My first week away on my bike was in 2019. I already had a rack and panniers for commuting and shopping so didn't need to buy anything new. This year will be my third tour. I have invested some money to solve my steering issue.

Top Bottom