Show us your touring setup!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
16834522511631880108382010808404.jpg

16834523035867612658872203307407.jpg

Just heading off now.

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran

Where are you going?

Those panniers are the real deal whilst mine are rip of copies!!

I think I've put too much in mine so they aren't too waterproof! But they have built in covers.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
And here's my touring setup from an overnight tour last summer.
Overnight tour.jpg

The contents of the bags are - Toothbrush, toothpaste, roll-on sunscreen, contact lens, folding comb/hairbrush thing, tyre levers and innertube, multitool, patch, tyreboot, emery cloth, and a lock with a rear light attached. The big black thing is probably a pair of shorts and maybe a T-shirt, I can't quite tell. I also must have had a phone charger knocking about.

overnight luggage.jpg

For all of it looking pretty minimal, I could travel like that for maybe a week. You do get to a point where doing laundry every day gets a bit wearing, and I'd swap out the contact lens for a pair of glasses and maybe a disposable razor, but as long as you don't go too far past socially acceptable levels of personal hygiene it's all good.

Slick

Guru
Where are you going?

Those panniers are the real deal whilst mine are rip of copies!!

I think I've put too much in mine so they aren't too waterproof! But they have built in covers.
Just a wee localish tour of the Isle of Bute with a couple of friends.

Mistakes were made, beer was drunk, and the tents were pitched about a dozen or so miles from target in the dark. Tonight should be much more straightforward. :laugh:

The panniers are fairly new, and performed really well. I'm not planning on doing too many wet day tours, but we knew the forecast was for lots of overnight rain and lots of showers today, so you need to be prepared for it.

Sallar55

Veteran
I thought bikepacking was for this , slightly narrow singletrack. 4 small panniers still manage,seen most bikepacking people on the roads. Only downside is deep ruts but pedals get in the way as well. In the USA its looking like racks and small panniers a little higher off the ground are making a comeback, bikepacking bags are fine if you know its not going to rain every other day because keeping wet and dry gear separate is an issue .

PXL_20230511_143132213.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom