Show us your utility bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beespoke

23yrs of tying hubs & rims together
Here's the Beespoke workshop bike... Used for carrying wheels, cake and the odd pizza.

🐝

IMG_8893.JPG

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This is mine - a 1996 Raleigh Pioneer Trail 21. Need a better photo:

dscf6827-jpg.jpg

Gunk

Guru
Mine is a bit extravagant as a utility bike, but I run as many errands as I can on it. It’s locked up with Kryptonite New York lock and the q/r skewers have been replaced with security skewers.

It’s a 2009 Van Nic Amazon Ti frame with a mixed Dura Ace and Ultegra 10 Speed groupset, TRP titanium canti brakes and an Easton EA90 SLX wheelset with 28c GP5000 tyres.

Now wearing mudguards, pannier rack and a pair of Avenir panniers, its perfect for a couple of bags of shopping or picking up stuff from B&Q so I use it as much as possible. In the summer I’ll take off the mudguards and rack and use it for longer rides.

Last edited:

ren531

Über Member
IMG_20210308_150547.jpg

Here's my Islabike Beinn 29, it's 8 years old and I have fitted a 7 speed Sram hub gear, SP dynamo hub up front, partial chain case, stand and of course mudguards and carrier.
In the photo it has a dog carrier bag on the back it was an unused purchase from a year or two ago and it makes an excellent tough throw anything in bag that unlike a box doesn't rattle.
This bike does all my winter commutes down filthy lanes and all the worst weather and also doubles up as a great utillity machine and from time to time pulling a trailer with it too.

ren531

Über Member
Like the chain ring cover...snazzy!
Yes indeed, not the most pleasing thing to look at really, it is actually got a back to it so it's fully enclosed but only covering part of the chain length and very effective at keeping off most of the crud thrown up by the wheels.

Cycling_Samurai

Top Bottom