Show us your watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A few Citizen eco drives, my favorites! :biggrin:
20180831_145421.jpg

Now I've retrieved my other watches from my Dad, here's a revised pic of the Seiko collection.
20190215_173037.jpg

Plus, the Swatch Winter Race! Top row is 2x 6692-7040 hand winders, identical except for face colour, both 1969.
Bottom: 6309-7290 Divers, 5M63-0A50 Kinetic, and 6309 ebay cheapie. I think I'm going to need a winder...

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I dug this out of the drawer recently.

View attachment 119659

It's a Tegrov, Swiss made 17 jewels 'Alarm Deluxe' . You can set the red hand (seen here at 6) at any time you want the alarm to go off and it buzzes. You have to wind it up of course.

My mother bought me this watch either for my birthday or Christmas 1972, from the next door neighbour's Freemans catalogue.

The watch still works and I've started wearing it again.

I have just found a scan of a catalogue page of this watch on the bay of E. It’s a slightly later version with a name change, but it is the same watch.

F3CF8D54-3F3D-40F4-B3F1-BB63CBAEF306.jpeg

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
I have this Casio. Never understood the motive for spending lots of money on a watch. It tells the time, a watch that costs 100 times as much doesnt do it any better. In fact this is more useful than most expensive watches because I can tell the time in the dark.

Untitled.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have this Casio. Never understood the motive for spending lots of money on a watch. It tells the time, a watch that costs 100 times as much doesnt do it any better. In fact this is more useful than most expensive watches because I can tell the time in the dark.

View attachment 496911

Well, you know, you can only wear one watch at a time, just like riding bikes :whistle:

tyred

Legendary Member
Basic and well-worn Casio, I normally hate digital clocks but it bought to use the stop watch function back in the day (about 10 years ago) when I was sad enough to try to time my bike rides (which I no longer do) but I have grown used to it and wear it all the time. It does everything I need a watch to do, and has a backlight should I feel the need to use it in the dark. A replacement strap was sourced from Ebay a few years ago. Cost almost as much as the watch...

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.

View attachment 496911
A £200 bike will do the same job as a £2000 bike.......
A £20 fishing rod will do the same job as a £4k Pole.......
An £8k Dacia will do the same job as an £80k Range Rover........
A "insert anything cheap here" will do the same job as a "insert anything expensive here".........
Does it really matter?
If I want to spend £4k on a watch..and can afford to....and I enjoy owning it then why not?
I work with a bloke who has 150+ pairs of Adidas trainers...why?Who cares he likes collecting them:okay: He doesn't wear them and they're all in boxes in his spare room:ohmy:
When in Paris for my 50th last year I saw a €38k Breitling...If i had €38k spare I'd buy it tomorrow!

Last edited:

Drzdave58

Über Member
A £200 bike will do the same job as a £2000 bike.......
A £20 fishing rod will do the same job as a £4k Pole.......
An £8k Dacia will do the same job as an £80k Range Rover........
A "insert anything cheap here" will do the same job as a "insert anything expensive here".........
Does it really matter?
If I want to spend £4k on a watch..and can afford to....and I enjoy owning it then why not?
I work with a bloke who has 150+ pairs of Adidas trainers...why?Who cares he likes collecting them:okay: He doesn't wear them and they're all in boxes in his spare room:ohmy:
When in Paris for my 50th last year I saw a €38k Breitling...If i had €38k spare I'd buy it tomorrow!
You cant take your money with you...if you can afford the finer things in life than why not?...I’m not rich myself..I had to save my money for awhile to buy my moulton..you only live once..:smile:

Top Bottom