Show us your - winter hack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why did old bikes have such huge frames? My flatmate's just bought an 80s Miyata bike, and it has a similarly tall frame.

Actually, now I look at it, the frame is nowhere near as tall as your Peugeot, but it's still taller than my bike (the one in the background).

There does seem to be a definite preference nowadays for compact frames, but when you're 6' 5" compact frames don't look good at all :whistle:

MattHB

Proud Daddy
There does seem to be a definite preference nowadays for compact frames, but when you're 6' 5" compact frames don't look good at all :whistle:

Here here! I'm 6ft 6 and was lucky enough to find a 23inch crosstrail. She's effectionately known by the LBS as 'that huge one' :blush:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
23 inch sounds small for someone of your height! How is it measured? (My road bikes are 58 cm or 22.8" and I am 'only' 1.86 m or 6' 1" tall)

Ah ... I just looked up the geometry here. That must be the seat tube measurement and it is to a very sloping top tube! The 'virtual' top tube length is 63.5 cm or 25" which is pretty damn big!

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
snow1.jpg

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Thought I would put my winter bike on. Various add ons etc to a Carrera TDF making it a nice winter bike. Fit for the purpose.

IMG_1158.JPG

002[1].jpg

The only change from this picture is that my winter ride now has Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels

Sort of semi urban, but certainly not as urban as Manchester ( if that makes sense).

The maxics started life on my Scott but got swoped when i upgraded. I find them a great wheel, virtually bomb proof.

Top Bottom